Create server prob.

Mii

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Im not so sure you will be able to help with this one. I installed a dark pack and. af characters from this location http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=70201. The reason im not posting there because the last reply was made a long time a go. When i try to create a server now, it stops at starting local server, and then gos back to the main menu.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sv_lan 0?

No idea why you go back to the menu.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is this problem just happening during server creation, or can't you join other servers either? Also, please post the last few lines from your console.

This error tends to be illegal half life related, but you are sporting the

Last edited:

Mii

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The console says
Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I: Model 'sprites/sbctrail.spr' failed to precache because the item count is over the 512 limit.
Reduce the number of brush models and/or regular models in the map to correct this
How exactly can i reduce the number of models

---------- Double Post below was added at 07:25 PM has been merged with this post created 07:19 PM ----------

now theres a different error
Usage:
Setmaster unavailable, start a server first.
No detail texture mapping file: maps/esf_kami_detail.txt
Host_Error: no precache: models/evolution/podium.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By deleting them manually, it's the only way really. The second error seems like something isn't loading properly, check that the model it's referring to is there. If it isn't you'll need to acquire it, potentially through a reinstall.

Mii

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
if i delete them, i get a mod_num error. and now i reinstalled esf and only installed af to see if dark pack was causing the prob.

---------- Double Post below was added at 07:39 PM has been merged with this post created 07:38 PM ----------

do you know if it is possible to reduce the number of models.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which models are you deleting? A good way to reduce your number is to remove characters.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Delete the character AMXX files. The error happens when the game tries to load over 512 models.

Meaning all characters + all forms for the characters+ all auras and model based effects + map models = limit

If the limit is over 512 the game will not load. Simply put. You have to many cahracters in ECX. Reduce the number to below 512 models and youll be fine.

You may be able to bypass the error with the lazy prechache command though. Since then the game will not load the models until they are needed.

The command is fs_lazyprechache 1 or something along those lines. The console knows it. So once you start typing it out you should see it in the list.

Thats really all you can do im afraid.

As for your second error. That happens because of the first. The game reaches the model limit, and as such cant load any more models. Then it throws out an error saying that it couldnt load the next model which is in your case podium.mdl

So fix the first issue and youll fix the second.

Mii

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
thanks grega. the lazy precache command worked.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But remember. If you are in a game, trying out the characters and transformations. Once you make the game load up over 512 models it will crash from within the server. For that youll need to go though nearly all characters and their transformations though, but it can happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom