Create a server

Best answers
when you click on Create a Server and select all your choices, are you suppossed to do something else for the server to appear over the internet? i thought i had it all right but my friends can't join. What do i have to do?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure you're not making a LAN-only server. Type sv_lan 0 in your console and restart. I think there's a checkbox for that on the options in the GUI, but I'm not sure.

If that doesn't do it, are you behind a router or firewall? Check to make sure your ports aren't blocked. This'll help.

There's a few other things, but 99% of the time it's one (or both =E) of those two.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What do you mean "get the ports"?

If you're behind a router and have no idea what you're doing, check out the website they mention in the answer. If you're behind a firewall, you'll have to head to their website. They'll tell you how to change your settings so the ports you need open aren't being blocked.

If you're connected directly to the Internet without any firewall (as much as I'd recommend against such), then you don't have to worry about that.

Best answers
i did go to that site but i cant find my router when i go to half life steam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom