Crazy weather...

Best answers
This is kinda based off of Spunky's thread....

Despite El-Nino being quite strong this year, were having record cold temperatures where i live. Its supposed to be in the Negatives all week, and the Wind Chill is supposed to be approaching -20's all week or so.

Again, i thought el-nino was supposed to influence the weather in the opposite fashion of whats going on right now... but you know its bad when you get snow in mexico and 40 degree highs in florida.

Anyone else having wierd weather?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's see... Yesterday in northern CO our temperatures were colder than alaska D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not too bad over here, nothing under -10

Best answers
Weather Problems = Global Warming.

Our Earth is falling apart :(. How sad, ahh well. My parents tell me how back in their days, when it was Summer, it was summer. Winter was winter and etc. Now we're having 40 Degrees Celcius in Winter, its weird. >_<

-GuZzie

Best answers
Weather Problems = Global Warming.

Our Earth is falling apart :(. How sad, ahh well. My parents tell me how back in their days, when it was Summer, it was summer. Winter was winter and etc. Now we're having 40 Degrees Celcius in Winter, its weird. >_<

-GuZzie
yeah...we r all going to die!

Best answers

Despite El-Nino being quite strong this year, were having record cold temperatures where i live. Its supposed to be in the Negatives all week, and the Wind Chill is supposed to be approaching -20's all week or so.

Again, i thought el-nino was supposed to influence the weather in the opposite fashion of whats going on right now... but you know its bad when you get snow in mexico and 40 degree highs in florida.

A common misconception is that El Nino is responsible for all anomalistic weather patterns. There is also another tidal-atmospheric anomaly named La Nina, which is considered the 'sister' of El Nino.

Regardless, some of the fluctuations are caused by these anomalies, but, some can also be considered a result of global warming.

Regardless, despite the name 'global warming,' it also has the opposite effect for cold temperatures and causes temperatures to plummet.

And it's not like global warming's going to get much better, considering that we're polluting the planet just as much as ever. A good aid would be utilizing HHO (a water derivative) for vehicle fuel (currently still a prototype), or ethanol as a fuel source.

Most people would rather endanger the planet than risk costing themselves more money, however (hooray for capitalism), which is why there's a good chance that vehicles won't be mass-converted to these cleaner burning fuel types.

Crazy weather, or crazy humans?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, coming from someone who wants to be a meteorologist, we're even not experiencing El Nino =P.

At least last I heard it was La Nina, since El Nino is supposed to make things warmer?

Best answers
well what most of you don't know is this

El Nino....is spanish for.....The nino

Best answers
Belgium has been having spring-type of weather for about 3-4 months now.. The temperature dropped under 0?c maybe one or two days. The rest of the days, it's been 10+?c

Best answers
actually you don't know what the hell i'm talking about

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, El Nino is spanish for the child.
When it comes to weather, it's actually translated as "The Christ Child", but what are facts, right?

@ Rayos: Ric Flair has applied the sleeper hold to El Nino! It's unbelievable! Ric Flair has subdued the powerful weather phenomenon known as El Nino! I think you can look for a return to colder weather and more storms in the Great Lakes region.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Its been a strange summer down here in South Australia, We were in a huge drought, then we had flooding, now its a 40' degrees celcius, So its really our first day of summer...

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well what most of you don't know is this

El Nino....is spanish for.....The nino
Chris Farely, right?

Hopefully, the weather doesn't end up like something out of The Day After Tomorrow.

Anyone notice more advertisements about preventing/slowing global warming? I'm sure they've been on the television for a while, but only recently have them become more noticeable, at least to me anyway.

Best answers
u're too soft!
Its not that i cant take this cold.... im just not used to it. It hasnt been this cold here for like... Hell, i dont even remember.

Sandstorm said:
A common misconception is that El Nino is responsible for all anomalistic weather patterns. There is also another tidal-atmospheric anomaly named La Nina, which is considered the 'sister' of El Nino.

And it's not like global warming's going to get much better, considering that we're polluting the planet just as much as ever. A good aid would be utilizing HHO (a water derivative) for vehicle fuel (currently still a prototype), or ethanol as a fuel source.
Yea, i know about La-Nana also... but i admit i know very little about both of them.

As for HHO, is that also known as "Hard Water"? OR am i thinking of something else?

Opty said:
Haha, coming from someone who wants to be a meteorologist, we're even not experiencing El Nino =P.

At least last I heard it was La Nina, since El Nino is supposed to make things warmer?
True... i want to be a meteorologist, but i also want to specialize in one field... Hurricanes. SO normally i study hurricane phenomenon on the internet, usually. Though, i should study up on El Nino more often.

As for this winter, its an El Nino winter, not La Nina. (thats what i hear all over the weather channel anyways :/ )

Best answers
I thought the other one was called Il Nina or something like that, no?

PS: time to make sure special characters and glyphs work (like the curly thing on the n of Nino/Nina)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

It has snowed only for one brief hour this winter in Boston. It only just recently started getting colder, too; until like three weeks ago it was still summer-esque weather here. People were at the beach one day in January because it was 74 degreees out--something that hasn't ever happened here in my entire life.

Global warming for the loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom