Crazy weather...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you're lucky then Walmart, as the ocean temperatures rise on average, expect to see a lot more cat 4 and 5 hurricanes in the future.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Speaking of Global warming, (don't turnt his into a Gore discussion) But has anyone seen an Inconvenient Truth? I believed in Global Warming and all, but wow..didn't know it was on a scale like that.

Best answers
When i read your first post and you said that your getting -20's i though omg he must be living in Michigan because i saw that what Michigan was gonna get and WAM! What do i know? you live in Michigan.....but yea weather kindas crazy this year. If Global Warming is happening how come its getting record cold temps? hmmmm? And whos to say 1,000 of years ago there wern't cooling and heating temps...and that the ice bergs were like the size of ice cubes then....and they got bigger. I say when Global Warning is knocking on my door, killing me, and flooding my house then i'll worry. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We had like -30C a year or 2 ago and since the air is quite moist here it's murderous, i mean the news guys and so on even said to not go out because from inhaling too much of this cold air could kill us.

This years winter is disapointing, it was in the + for most part -15 was like the lowest.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah here in Florida its 80 high one day and 40s high for the next. It changes from one extreme to the next over night.

A few days ago there was a tornado that claimed 15+ lives a couple counties over from me, and the next day there wasnt a cloud in the sky. Not to mention all the damn hurricanes weve had.

Needless to say, the o-zone is ****ed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the O-zone band is ****ed, but the o-zone layer is restoring itself :| Sooner or later it will be perfect again XD

Best answers
When i read your first post and you said that your getting -20's i though omg he must be living in Michigan because i saw that what Michigan was gonna get and WAM! What do i know? you live in Michigan.....but yea weather kindas crazy this year. If Global Warming is happening how come its getting record cold temps? hmmmm? And whos to say 1,000 of years ago there wern't cooling and heating temps...and that the ice bergs were like the size of ice cubes then....and they got bigger. I say when Global Warning is knocking on my door, killing me, and flooding my house then i'll worry. :D
Haha yea... Good guess with the Michigan thing.

As for the Global Warming, thats a common Misconception about how Global warming isnt real.

Opty said:
Well you're lucky then Walmart, as the ocean temperatures rise on average, expect to see a lot more cat 4 and 5 hurricanes in the future.
Yea, thats a good thing for me especially... but not so good for the people on the east coast and gulf coast.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The processes of Global Warming:

By DaRkowns

the first and main process of global warming is actually a decrease in temperature. this decrease is because of the melting of polar ice. this "polar ice" melts into "ridiculously cold" water which then flows around the earth cooling the temperatures.

the warming part of "global warming" comes when all of the ice caps are melted away and and the water that flows around the earth warms up.

that is my brief but helpful introduction to "global warming". thank you.

-DaRkOwNs

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man I hate cold. In all its forms. I mean it's good when it rains once in a while, but this, dry, cold weather makes me want to puke. Man I love summer....I wish it was like that all year. Like, not more than 30 C, not less than 20 C. Perfect.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ain't this kinda like acid-rain, people never stopped talking about that 5-10 years ago.. >_>
Now most kids don't even know what it is

I won't be to suprised if it's just something temporary

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Ain't this kinda like acid-rain, people never stopped talking about that 5-10 years ago.. >_>
Now most kids don't even know what it is

I won't be to suprised if it's just something temporary
Eh, watch an Inconvenient truth, if it's anywhere around on DVD in the Netherlands, it'll surprise you. D:

Best answers
I like how thanks to the media and things like an Invonveniant Truth, everyone thinks they're an expert on global warming.

Anyway, it's been about 0 here the past couple days. Windchill today made it about -20 (f). I would prefer global warming over this bitter cold. We're spending about 800 bucks every month and a half on average to keep our house warm.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, watch an Inconvenient truth, if it's anywhere around on DVD in the Netherlands, it'll surprise you. D:
I'm still a bit skeptical, the worst thing we have to worry about in the Netherlands is the rising of the sea level, which will be, according to the whole report
18 to 59 cm ( 7 to 23 inch ) in 93 years.
That really isn't a scary number considering it's over a 100 year time period.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I like how thanks to the media and things like an Invonveniant Truth, everyone thinks they're an expert on global warming.

Anyway, it's been about 0 here the past couple days. Windchill today made it about -20 (f). I would prefer global warming over this bitter cold. We're spending about 800 bucks every month and a half on average to keep our house warm.
Uh, I don't.

I'm merely stating it was a good video to watch, more or less charts and graphs and **** that just shows you what could happen if things don't chagne soon, no reason to be like that. =/

Best answers
Wow... Last night during the superbowl, School was called off for just about everyone in the whole State of Michigan. The windchill is too low to have school. I didnt think you could call school off for something like that.

Meh, right now the windchill is -18, and it is about... +3 F right now.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow... Last night during the superbowl, School was called off for just about everyone in the whole State of Michigan. The windchill is too low to have school. I didnt think you could call school off for something like that.

Meh, right now the windchill is -18, and it is about... +3 F right now.
It's -27 with the windchill here, and I only have a night class today, which means it's going to be just as cold, if not colder by the time I have to leave for class. :|

Best answers
Yea... I dont really understand why they had to close school for cold weather. Maybe the Superbowl had something to do with it ;)

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Chris Farely, right?

Hopefully, the weather doesn't end up like something out of The Day After Tomorrow.

Anyone notice more advertisements about preventing/slowing global warming? I'm sure they've been on the television for a while, but only recently have them become more noticeable, at least to me anyway.

The inspiration for that movie was this book:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Coming_Global_Superstorm

and yah hopefully we're not headed that way:S

Yes, those ads do seem to be appearing more frequently.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh PLEASE...not this crap again...it's not...global...warming...

Yes, the planet is gradually increasing in temperature, but that's because we're reaching the peak of a Solar Summer. Yeah, we have annual seasons, but in terms of the planet itself, there are much longer term seasons occuring. This is nothing new to planet Earth folks. We just haven't had the instruments to record the phenomenon yet. The seasons have nearly 500 year cycles. When we began taking temperature records we were in the Winter/Spring phase.

Give it 50 years and we'll all notice a global cooling trend emerge. Stop panicking already. Don't allow yourselves to be put in a perpetual state of irrational fear!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I go to college in pittsburgh and I have to walk 30 minutes to get to the school building from the dorms. Needless to say, walking in below-freezing temperatures is not fun, ESPECIALLY when you cross a gigantic bridge each day. Too...much...WIND!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom