Craters

Best answers
I think there should be craters...I want to see a huge chunk of the map go flying when I just hit someone with my Special Beam Cannon, or Final Flash.

Also...I dont think that when you are in a PS, when the blocker hits the ground, the blast explodes. Thats not 100% show accurate...almost everytime when someone is blocking, they just get smacked into the ground and dig into the ground. It doesnt just explode in there face.

Best answers
1.1 should have different powerstruggles.
when you get pushed into the ground you slowly get crushed instead of just explode.
As for terrain that explodes, this would cause lag.
You dont want more of that do you?

Best answers
yes but other people dont, and its other people who play

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Half-Life engine was never made to support immense terrain damage like that.
Even with your 130 fps, you would probably still get quite a bit of frame rate loss.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not that the fps loss would be bad its simply the fact that the hl engine cannot do it and was never ever made to do it

Best answers
"I get 130 FPS"

impossible to get 130 fps client side on the hl engine... max is 100

Best answers
From http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3835

Terrain damage
There won't be any form of massive terrain damage in ESF. The halflife engine won't allow maps with much breakables without making your framerate drop drasticly. And no, we will not throw our code away, and switch to some engine that does allow this.

K, thanks, closed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes read the stickys before posting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom