Crashing during play

Best answers
Whenever I play open beta, in the middle of a game, it crashes. No errors come up, it just freezes and repeats the same noise like it is lagging for a second or two, then it crashes to desktop. I have legal copies of everything,and the latest version of open beta, and ESF 1.2.3 works fine. Someone plzzz help me. It is very annoying when i am in the middle of a game and it closes randomly

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Are you playing with bots?

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so you war fighting Superbot whit Superbot Laser (Superbot laser tind to crash the servar ), you can make the bot's on idle and kick their ass to get pl

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
so you war fighting Superbot whit Superbot Laser (Superbot laser tind to crash the servar ), you can make the bot's on idle and kick their ass to get pl
servar o_O

but that doesnt matter...esfopenbeta never worked fine for me :no:
That crash happend me also but now, i got this kiblast crash thing...there are too many bugs and crashes in esf 1.3 so that one is possible..

and how long are you playing before is crash? about 15 min right?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
TG DarkMaverick, would be great if you could use the
button to edit your own posts, there is no need for Double Posts. Besides that point, at the moment the Public Open Beta version has some crashing bugs which has mostly been fixed on the new version. So, you'll have to wait until it gets released :).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TG DarkMaverick didnt double post :p ure drunk?
He just deleted one of them. Only people with atleast mod powers see that though.

As for the problem.

@TG DarkMaverick What GFX mode are you using?

Best answers
I am pretty sure it was the ki blast thing. After further play I realized that whenever i use a lot of ki blast it would lag and crash.

Mog

Best answers
You've noticed there is a newer Open Beta release now right?
One of the things it fixes is that bug... I haven't had a problem with ki blasts since updating. :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You've noticed there is a newer Open Beta release now right?
One of the things it fixes is that bug... I haven't had a problem with ki blasts since updating. :)
Nor had I. The changelog also mentioned something about a KI (blop) crash bug being fixed ^_^.

Mog

Best answers
Nor had I. The changelog also mentioned something about a KI (blop) crash bug being fixed ^_^.
Hmm, you're right. I went back onto the previous release and I realise now that I was actually making ki-blobs.
I thought it was just crashing when I flew around shooting ki blasts anywhere...
I must have made blobs too, just not seen them, because it doesn't seem to crash otherwise. :/

Best answers
I just downloaded the new released version and I'm still getting unexplained crashes, i have a feeling they're related to the bots somehow, but I can't pinpoint the problem. The game with bots crashes very quickly (usually within about 3 or 4 minutes, sometimes almost immediately). I've also had it crash without any bots in the game, not entirely sure whats up with that.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the superbot laser crahsers the servar instantatly that is a know bug , if you give more details about how it will help a lot more , one more thing , I hope you did not paste the files form the relesh and overwrite the old ones form esf

Best answers
I wasn't using superbots (I tried to actually, but the only way I could get ANY bots to join the server was to use the bot menu to add default bots (the menu that doesn't have a default key) The more advanced bot functions won't work at all.

I didn't paste on top of the ESF folder I put the zip files inthe halflife directory in their own open beta folder.

It often crashes while i'm powering up, using turbo (especially if I use "overdrive" turbo ... holding it in for a power surge), or charging a beam. The sound goes into a repeat cycle for 2 or 3 repeats and the game program dies without error messages. THe more bots are present, the more likely the bug will appear. It is not accurately reproducible either, so I suspect some variables are involved in creating the bug that the user doesn't have direct control over.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i absoluty have no problem with him ,do you have virus protection on your pc scan for viruses because you might be infected

Best answers
No, I have several layers of protection and none of them detected anything.

Who are you referring to with the pronoun "him"?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He was refering to ESF ^^

Hes english aint the best but you get ussed to it and can understand it normally XD

Best answers
The more I play the beta the more I think the bots are triggering this bug for me, when I don't activate bots I rarely have crashing bugs (but I have nobody to play with to test anything either).

List of Actions I've taken immediately previous to a crash:
powering up
using turbo's hold function to temporarily superboost PL
charging up an attack
attempting to enter a struggle (via beam or blocking), especially if the beam is a generic beam in orbit around me.

These actions do not consistently result in crashes, so I think its a case where simultaneously some other event is occurring and triggering the glitch. They have triggered crashes more than once, however, which is why I think they're related to it somehow. They only seem to cause problems when bots are battling away in the background.

And people keep referring to the superbots, but I think they were disabled, I can't get any superbots to join the server,.

Best answers
It might be the bots trying to do advanced melee. Missing animations cause that to crash. Does disabling melee on bots help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom