Crashes to Desktop!

Best answers
1.2 GHZ P-3
512 SDR RAM
GF4MX440 /w AGP 8X
AC'97 sound

This is something that has been happening since sunday all of a sudden (that was 2 days ago). It can load the servers when the update button is clicked, and it can even go into console and load the game....kinda. See what happens is... it gets to initializing and downloading, and then the console goe's up, oh about..... 1/4 the way and then it crashes to desktop, with no error message. I check the taskmanager and the process isnt running, so I dont know whats going on. Im am running Windows XP pro, no background programs running. I can still play DoD and whatnot, just ESF doesnt run. I suspected that it might have been HL in general, but All other mods work.

Oh and I re-installed it, beta 1.1 and it has the same problem that just happened all of a sudden 2 days ago.

Any input would help, thanks

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
did you changed the video in configurations --> video modes to OPENGL?

Best answers
My friend had the exact same problem. i suggested to him that he re-install his half-life and then re-install esf. it worked. (It might not even be needed to reinstall half-life, maybe just esf. but i told him to re-install half-life anyways, just to make sure)

Best answers
Skyrider said:
did you changed the video in configurations --> video modes to OPENGL?

thx I already solved the problem....I had to re-install ESF with a clean registry sweep thx people

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Problem solved, thread closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom