******CRASH BUG******

Best answers
ok ive had this problem forever and im starting to get fedup with it cuz time and time again i just gave up playing esf cuz of this. after a certain amount of time the game crashes( in my last game i played i crashed after like not even 5 minutes) and i have this problem everytime but after differrent amounts of time of playing, my computer is very much capable of running this mod and its in tip top shape, i built it myself and have been using it with no problems with much more high-end games(hl2,d3 ect.) or any other hl mods. lasttime i did observe though that i was in the middle of an attack when it decided to have a seizure.

sorry if this question has been answered already in another topic but i checked a few posts and i really dont have the time to search every forum post for an answer.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mast3r said:
ok ive had this problem forever and im starting to get fedup with it cuz time and time again i just gave up playing esf cuz of this. after a certain amount of time the game crashes( in my last game i played i crashed after like not even 5 minutes) and i have this problem everytime but after differrent amounts of time of playing, my computer is very much capable of running this mod and its in tip top shape, i built it myself and have been using it with no problems with much more high-end games(hl2,d3 ect.) or any other hl mods. lasttime i did observe though that i was in the middle of an attack when it decided to have a seizure.

sorry if this question has been answered already in another topic but i checked a few posts and i really dont have the time to search every forum post for an answer.
owke, so your basicly expect us to solve all your problems because you're to lazy to use the search function?!
that's not very nice :(

anyway if you want to be help start with giving us more information
like what kind of computer do you have ( Specific hardware information )
Do you use steam?
are all your drivers up to date?
also next time when you have problems with ESF, post it in the help section

Best answers
owke, so your basicly expect us to solve all your problems because you're to lazy to use the search function?!
i said i looked through a few n couldnt find the answer(from a search)

and i apologize for posting in the wrong forum, accidents happen i actually didnt see the help section , i dont know how i missed it but i did lol.

anyway...

my computer specs:
p4 3.0ghz 800fsb w/ hyperthreading
video: ati radeon 9600XT 128mb
memory: corsaire ddr500 512mb
windows xp w/sp2

i use steam, and all my drivers are kept very up to date.

i was just playing and it seemed to happen in the middle of gohans masenko attack this time...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
do you have the latest patch versions (1.2.3 is the current ?) if you don't go [ur;=http://esf-world.com]Here[/url] and get them. You will have to install 1.2.2 then 1.2.3 as 1.2.3 doesn't change the client dll right off if you are using the patch installers. Or if you already have esf patched up , then ever thought of reinstalling maybe ? note that also before you install using ethier a 1.2.2/1.2.3 full installer & or patch that you need to run half-life once before setup(s)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or better yet tell us what graphics mode you are using

If it says software than we found your bug.

Best answers
i use open gl but if i unserstood what the other person said the full install of 1.2.3 doesnt fix the bug?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you using the Capture The Dragonball Mode? It's still experimental and has been known to crash the game.

Also, do you use bots often? They tend to crash the game for me regularly.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mast3r said:
i use open gl but if i unserstood what the other person said the full install of 1.2.3 doesnt fix the bug?
he ment that if you install ESF 1.2.1 and than use the 1.2.3 patch you are stuck with the 1.2.1 crash bug and belive me it was what you say you have

If that is the case you nead to install 1.2 and than apply the pathces
first 1.2.1 than 1.2.2 and after that 1.2.3

or you could just download ESF 1.2.3 full installer

Best answers
well im using team deathmatch mode.and i installed it with the 1.2.3 full install...i do use bots but it crashes even when im not using them..ive tried reinstalling...ahhhh

Best answers
no amx or any other plugins or addons or models just original stuff

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That leaves me clueless O.O

Guess you are the 1% that has very much bad luck with ESF

How about spyware, addware and such buggers?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Odd.. then I'm afraid I don't know what it could be.

ESF is still in development, don't give up on it yet. 1.3 promises a lot of bug fixes and tons of new added content. :3 If you're frustrated with 1.2.3, it might be best to just leave it for now and wait for 1.3, but don't give up on ESF completely, it's just too cool to ignore. :3

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It Tends to crash from time to time....but after i played it often the crashes seemed to stop...try different servers..

ALSO
---WARNING---
I think there is a new server crasher...

I went to a server...played for 10 mins, it crashed so i went to the one below it on my list, then it crashed...

I looked in console and the same name appeared when it crashed...The person was attempting to connect so it could be a bug...

My Advice:

Play on different servers

Best answers
there is a crash bug i kno of that needs to be fixed.

it happens to me often too. if u get hit with old melee jus as u big jump wit a big beam like kamehameha especially wit turbo on itll crash a majority of the time. ie tested it to make sure but im not sure exactly how often it happens but it does happen alot while im in servers that people kame spam in

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
works fine for me , must be your computers........ /me points to memory errors , windows installation etc

Best answers
Mine also crashes... didn't on 1.2.2 but does on a clean installation of 1.2.3..... not sure why...
AMD Athlon Throughbred 2400+
512 DDR
Nvidia 5200
Steam user

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There has always been a crashing bug. No one really knows why ESF crashes. It just does. You will just have to deal with it.

Where crashes happen the most: On any ESF OFFICIAL server.

So mostly listenservers or dedicated servers (Made by people like me) don't crash.
(Not as often anyway)

I suggest you just learn to deal with it really. And hope that 1.3 won't have this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom