Cracked Steam.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I guess that you Ritmas will be from Lithuania judging by your nickname. Why do you say that nobody does not buy games in Lithuania. There a lot of people who buy a lot of games in Lithuania. I know games in stores are very expensive but there are such a steam program, where you can buy cheap games on shares, especially in winters sales. in winter sales i guess Hl would only cost 2 euros=6,9Lt.
It's not because they don't afford it, but myself and many others don't get of point buying it, especialy not to play the game itself but only mod of it.
Don't misunderstand me, I don't hate on you guys, I really looking forward to see Final.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not because they don't afford it, but myself and many others don't get of point buying it, especialy not to play the game itself but only mod of it.
Don't misunderstand me, I don't hate on you guys, I really looking forward to see Final.
The point is to play Final. If that isnt a good enough reason, dont bother with the game.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Honestly. Not seeing a way to prevent nonsteamers from launching and playing ESF:F
They will get any resource needed. A brand new spankin up-to-date non-steam halflife, cracked dll's, cracked servers, anything. The 'underground' community is huge for these kind of jobs. Not really a programer, but 'cracker's', in my mind, always manage to 'break' these so called protections.

Also, I honestly, don't get the ESF teams 'religion' on this 'Illegal owners wount be able to play ESF:F/legal half-life FTW and stuff like this' whats the point of this? It's like Prince battling over the internet. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS.

Regardless if its 100$ or 1$, some people just will not buy it. Just because its a GAME.
They will just neglect the gaming industry, regardless of all the work it takes to make a product like this, they just dont see games as a service to pay for.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly. Not seeing a way to prevent nonsteamers from launching and playing ESF:F
They will get any resource needed. A brand new spankin up-to-date non-steam halflife, cracked dll's, cracked servers, anything. The 'underground' community is huge for these kind of jobs. Not really a programer, but 'cracker's', in my mind, always manage to 'break' these so called protections.

Also, I honestly, don't get the ESF teams 'religion' on this 'Illegal owners wount be able to play ESF:F/legal half-life FTW and stuff like this' whats the point of this? Make them get half-life? seriously.... I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS.

Regardless if its 100$ or 1$, some people just will not buy it. Just because its a GAME.
They will just neglect the gaming industry, regardless of all the work it takes to make a product like this, they will never EVER see games as a service to pay for.

Care to explain?
Its a side effect of a possible system we plan on implementing. If we dont manage to make it, then so be it. We will not support unverified users calls for help on the forums, thats about it.

ESF Final itself will not run without the STEAM version of HL as the non-steam version is to out of date to handle the STEAM SDK we are using. We have more important things to do than track down every single launch of the game and check if its legit or not. But if you have a problem with the game and come asking for help here, well just show you the door. We dont support piracy, that simple.

As for your almighty underground scene. Ubisoft beat them with their DRM system. So you give them to much credit.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ubisoft is as big as it can get and they can actualy stand strong even during all the lawsuits because of the DRM. I doubt an indie comp. could do that.

As far the out-dated hl stuff... I think it would be possible to extract a non-steam version out of the current STEAM'd one.
Anyway I'm waiting for the move you guys make, even if i still dont understand the reasoning behind that, it will be amusing to see what work-arounds people will make to get the game up and running(if any, but probably will imo)

Still view this as 'Prince battling over the internet'

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As i said it all depends on a system we are planing. If we finish it, itll be great for gameplay and all that jazz, but as a side effect itll probably block non steam people from loading any map.

As for the DRM thing. I dont see a problem with it, nor do i see any reasons for lawsuits against ubisoft for it. If the box case says "You need to be connected to the internet to play this game" then thats a requirement to play it, no buts, no fuss. If the destributers forgot to include that info, then its their fault. And if you dont meet the minimum specs (as in an active connection in this case) then dont buy it.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
As for your almighty underground scene. Ubisoft beat them with their DRM system. So you give them to much credit.
Oh please! Ubisoft hasnt achieved **** against piracy! Im not saying I agree with it but I do take advantage of the "free" games that are "handed" to me. First time their DRM went online in their games I admit it took the crackers and underground groups a few months to get it going and most of us who download torrents on a regular basis thought that someone has finally come up with a system that will make us pay for games. But like I said a few months later bang, I think it was Assassins Creed 2 that had the Always Online DRM and they still cracked it and I still mananged to play till the end completely free. There hasnt been a game that I havent seen cracked. Hell, most of em come out on torrents before they are shipped out somehow lol!

My opinion on piracy is that some games are just not worth buying. But there are also games worth buying. Like I bought HL to play ESF:Final, Race Driver Grid, a few Ipod apps etc. I also remember the good ol' chipped PS2s where u paid the equivalent of about 5 games money-worth and then u could just download and burn ur own games to it without needing the original discs. Piracy was very high for the PS2s at the time but I've never seen much fuss going on about it as much as I see it for PC games. Hell even the PS3 and X360 are rather easily hackable.
In a world where DLC has become an "trend" and patches and support has minimised (look at TDU2 it has so many issues yet none are getting fixed, Grid PC and PS3 servers have been unplugged and these are just the few titles im concerned about) piracy has become a viable, convenient and pretty much accessible to anyone with a decent download speed. I for one use it to test a game and more often than not if I like it and I think it has hours of replayability value in it sure I'll get my money out cos Im aware thats the only way to support sequels to great games. In a way, piracy is a natural selection for games. U would be surprised how many people actually buy the cracked games that they have enjoyed playing in order to support the continuity of the game (possible sequels etc.)

Piracy already comes with its own downside that a lot of people cant live without and that is Multiplayer support. And with the growing Multiplayer trend I believe that alone will cut piracy down. But there will always be people who only care about single-player.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
^ This I agree with, a lot. People don't understand how dedicated these crackers are. I also agree that piracy is good in moderation (I.E buy it if you like it.). Considering you can't rent PC games what do devs that don'trelease a
demo expect? Even console games that are on PC, my blockbuster just got shut down, i can't rent games anymore, I'm sorry, but there's just some games that aren't worth a blind purchase, Deus Ex Human Revolution for instance,I didn't know what to expect so i played the :O:O:O:O "beta". Turns out i loved it and bought it day 1.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If people want to spend time cracking final, so be it. I doubt the Devs are going to care enough to stop them. But, Cracked players will not be able to play ESF on the official servers on Steam, nor will they receive any technical support if they mess up their game.

Also, a mod does does not have a big enough player base warranting someone from the scene cracking it, compared to AAA games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom