Cracked Steam.

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i've heard that people with cracked or pirated half life owners won't be able to lay the final version of ESF, but how are you going to stop them? because i'm seeing more and more un-verified half life owners in this forum and there obviously going to try every way to get the final version when it comes out.
What's your plan?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unverified only means that person wont be getting any help on this forum.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe the older HL that is being used is too out of date to run it.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I gather, non-legit Half-Life copies won't be able to run Final due to technical reasons. Whether it is because the old HL is outdated, like DS said, or is Developer imposed, I do not know.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
From what I gather, non-legit Half-Life copies won't be able to run Final due to technical reasons. Whether it is because the old HL is outdated, like DS said, or is Developer imposed, I do not know.
What he said. The older Half-Life version is quite old, and might not even support Final. Plus, Raven mentioned he might be added something in the Final version that stops non-steam users to play the game.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe some kind of system that authentifies Half Life, like the forum system does, before the game starts up.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, it's doubtful that someone playing with cracked steam will be able to play on steam servers. This means they won't have anywhere decent to play.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well in my opinion, dev's should LET pirates join them. Cause the community is small already and getting rid of pirates it will be reduced even more. very few would like to pay for an old game, which you can get for free.

p.s I'm legit user.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well in my opinion, dev's should LET pirates join them. Cause the community is small already and getting rid of pirates it will be reduced even more. very few would like to pay for an old game, which you can get for free.

p.s I'm legit user.
By doing so we can get in a lot of problems.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

p.s I'm legit user.
You talk as if people who pirate Half-Life and other games get banned. This isn't the case. People with illegal copies of Half-Life can post and be a part of the community all they want, they just won't be able to get support for ESF and other Half-Life mods.

The team could get into legal trouble and have ESF shut down if they openly supported piracy. ESF is already past the legal boundaries as it is right now. Not only that, but Half-Life is five dollars. Five dollars. If you can't afford that, then I don't know what to say. If anything, I consider buying Half-Life a donation to a great company more than buying a game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let alone Half-life itself is a great game with an awesome story. The game itself is going to probably be remember for a good long while. At least by all of us in this community. $5 for a game that has endless amounts of mods, a great story, the beginning of a series, and is the reason this community exists right now is a great reason to spend $5. You can make $5 just by cutting your neighbor's grass or cleaning the house for your parents.

Let alone, people around here sometimes have big hearts and have Half-life giveaways and other types of giveaways. Let alone Praetor gave away at least close to $400 worth of games not that long ago. I am going to try and do a Half-life giveaway here soon.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If there is a 99 cent HL sale again, I, and probably others as well, will do a HL giveaway.

Half-Life is my favorite game ever, it saddens me you new guys don't know what you missed.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If there is a 99 cent HL sale again, I, and probably others as well, will do a HL giveaway.

Half-Life is my favorite game ever, it saddens me you new guys don't know what you missed.
I never played though HL1 single player eather. Sorry but the crown for me belongs with Deus Ex.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone has their unique game that made them turn towards gaming. Half-Life was my inspiration.

There was this sudden craze with Counter Strike and I used play it in game cafes whenever I could. Then when I decided to buy CS, not knowing about the Internet Speed required being the 9 year old kid that I was, I was just able to play the tutorial, 56k dialup notwithstanding. Then I saw this another game with a funny name bundled with it. I was used to playing games like Chip's Challenge and Spyro and stuff like that, and then all of a sudden I am playing a game where I am completely involved in the story, the awe inspiring immersion, where I am actually going to work, talking to people, even being late and then having this crazy unexpected explosion, it was mind blowing at the time.

I would not be able to play Deus Ex until much much later, and by then Half-Life had already taken over as the game I compare every other game to. I loved Deus Ex, no doubt about that, but while Deus Ex was like discovering that there is an entire continent of people out there, Half-Life was like being born and coming to terms with all the possibilities of this world. It was beautiful.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
You are never going to prevent people from getting pirated , hacked , or stop them from playing games such as ESF:Final. You only can temparily relinquish the playability of games , movies , videos , etc. its futile to attempt such things. So good luck in stopping such things from happening.

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
what about this, you create a section in the forums where only verified half life users can only access (much like the secret forums that only force pitt users can only go)and put the download link there. and also maybe a steam login on the actual game? where you log in with your steam account and it checks if you have half life 1? or is that too much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom