Counter-Strike 1 Anthology, PayPal, and Steam

Best answers
I've been looking at literally every store that carries tech/games in my area (Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia, Canada) over a period of the last 3-4 days, and I can't find Counter-Strike 1 Anthology anywhere. Future Shop's website says their Bayers Lake location has it, but I went there today and they don't seem to.

So now, I'm wondering (hence the rest of the topic title): Does Steam take PayPal? Because if they do, all I need to do then is set up a PayPal account, transfer funds into it, and order, right? And if not, then I'm humped, unless someone gets a miraculous shipment in. 'Cause apparently, CS1A is one of the most popular games going, despite its age (or rather the age of its component parts), at least in my area.

EDIT: Okay, why did I type 'Counter-Strike 1 Source? Even though that's not what I meant, though, I have a hard time finding anythimg HL related, other than HL2 Ep 1 and HL 1 Anthology.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been looking at literally every store that carries tech/games in my area (Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia, Canada) over a period of the last 3-4 days, and I can't find Counter-Strike 1 Source anywhere. Future Shop's website says their Bayers Lake location has it, but I went there today and they don't seem to.

So now, I'm wondering (hence the rest of the topic title): Does Steam take PayPal? Because if they do, all I need to do then is set up a PayPal account, transfer funds into it, and order, right? And if not, then I'm humped, unless someone gets a miraculous shipment in. 'Cause apparently, CS1A is one of the most popular games going, despite its age (or rather the age of its component parts), at least in my area.
Try reading through this: http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=429

Best answers
Thanks. Man, why didn't I think of checking the Steam site? I must be tired or something. But hey, this is good news, if I can just get some funds into my bank account to make the purchase with (stupid 'not having a credit card').

Best answers
Sweet dude :). Seems like you'll be able to play ESF soon. Yer, you can't always trust a credit card. But via PayPal its great. While your at it ;) you might want to become a Force Pit member of ESF :p. All you have to do is donate $5 US to us [ Via PayPal ] and you get acess. Benifits are : Getting 1.3 EARLY :d w00t. Anyways, just wanted to point that out if your intrested.

-GuZzie

Best answers
Sweet dude :). Seems like you'll be able to play ESF soon. Yer, you can't always trust a credit card. But via PayPal its great. While your at it ;) you might want to become a Force Pit member of ESF :p. All you have to do is donate $5 US to us [ Via PayPal ] and you get acess. Benifits are : Getting 1.3 EARLY :d w00t. Anyways, just wanted to point that out if your intrested.

-GuZzie
I do play ESF. It's Counter-Strike I'm looking for, I already have Half-Life.:D

EDIT: But I'll think about the other thing you mentioned, but I can't guarantee anything.

Best answers
Heh heh... Well, guess what? I got CS1Anthology, and I didn't even have to go through Steam to get it! EBGames had apparently 'just' gotten in a big shipment, among which was at least one copy of the game, and it just happened to be on the same day I went back to work, therefore I was nearby to pick it up :D

Best answers
im gonna buy cs1 anthology through steam because its only 10$. but is it safe? and how do u get the cd key???

Best answers
I think if you buy something over Steam, the CD-Key is automatically registered to your account.
but how will it be installed, and will i lose my bought cs if i delete steam from my computer?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but how will it be installed, and will i lose my bought cs if i delete steam from my computer?
Once you buy it off of Steam, Steam will then download the game off of the server to your computer.

Every game you register to your Steam account will remain registered to it, even if you have uninstalled Steam from your computer.

Best answers
Once you buy it off of Steam, Steam will then download the game off of the server to your computer.

Every game you register to your Steam account will remain registered to it, even if you have uninstalled Steam from your computer.
awsome thanx, i just hope i wont get a used key

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
If you buy off Steam you never get a cdkey, its bound to your steam account name forever.. If you delete Steam all you need to do in the future is log into your account with said game on it and Steam will download it for you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom