Converting Skins *help*

Best answers
Hi, is there a program i can find that can convert 256 bmp images to 24 bmp colors? I wanna some skins from 24 bmp to other skins that are 256, but if i conver them using summing like paint i just loses color O_O

if this is in the wrong place sorry, just delete it or move it, thanks!***

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1 word "photoshop". Try it out um...you might be able to find a free trial somewherer floating around. I found a trial of photoshop cs somewhere. Good luck:D.

Best answers
I thought i used that b4, but umm where is the button to convert lol? i was wondering if there was any other programs at all.... thanks though...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Image>Mode>index color>ok

Thats all:D. It will lower you images file size, and you will lose some of that high color stuff. But thats about it, most of the time you cant even tell. good luck m8.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when you do that, change the pallete to local (perceptual) to keep the images right colors, because sometimes its quality gets worse if you dont save it in the right pallete format.

Best answers
thanks Raiko your da bomb man. works great, thanks for the help all.... this can be closed if u wanna close it... doesn't matter to me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well by my model there was a prob.!
cuz some places would be looking !!! as!! SH*T !!!
so first look at ur model when u do
Image>Mode>index color
cuz there would be some askings of that 2! if it got problemes u have to edit it with clon stamp!!!

Bolteh2

B
n/o reverse, bu that was the silliest thing ive ever heard...every high end paint program (that does NOT include ms paint) can convert 8bit to 24bit.. and they will all look the same, since it just keeps the colors from the 8bit and adds a 24 bit palet to enrichen the 8 bit colors

anyway, yeah, photoshop or psp will do the job just fine (and are the most well known programs ever) if you can other programs like paint or sumthing.. use that

little tip: if you cant find psp or photoshop, ty looking at a free texture program called "wally", yolu can load 8bit textures and export them to 24 bit textures (and back)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found a free program for ya, its called Imgae Analyzer. Its completly free and it has a 256 converter. You can download it, heres the link :

<a href="http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/Analyzer/">Download</a>

I just downloaded it, and its not photoshop or anything, but it beats the crap outa mspaint:D

Best answers
Thanks you all have been a big help (especially Raiko :laff: ) I appreciate all the help!!! :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom