Converting maps

Best answers
Does anyone know how to convert CS maps to be used in other mods?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Umm..... Yeah, I guess just use the ESF FGD. Or what ever the mod is I think I know how. Put the Wads in the ESF Folder or whereever you put them. Ad the Entity's or whatever, Just change them to the ESF entity's like.... The CS Map's Entity's like the CT and T, Change them to Info_Good_Start and Info_Evil_Start. Correct me if I'm wrong.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, Your welcome

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only way to change those entities would be to decompile it into a .MAP (do not open it in hammer). Find each starting point in CS for the teams. Change them to INFO_GOOD_START and INFO_EVIL_START. You do that by opening the .MAP in notepad. Other players won't need to download the map. They can just put (say Dust is the map) DE_Dust.bsp into their ESF>Maps folder, and then they can join a server running the modified version, and it will work. You can find a tutorial for it on Counter-Map, I think. In my opinion, it isn't worth it, trust me. Everything will be really big and you will float off the floor by a foot or so. Not to mention, there is no room to fight at all. No one will play it.

Best answers
or use this option in hlcsg
-onlyents : do an entity update from .map to .bsp
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom