Converting a ms3d to a 3ds

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Open milkshape.Open the ms3d file you want to convert. Then
go to File>Export>Autodesk 3DS, then name it and click save.

o/

Best answers
Here's another question: How do you turn .smd's into .mdls?

I'm asking becuase I want to add a longer belt to a Goku model. Goku's belt, later on in the series, is how it is in ESF (It's just a strap around his waist). But earlier on in the series, Goku's belt was longer and it flapped down. I wanted to add that to a Goku model but I have no idea how. I don't think the belt is a model in itself, as there is no seperate belt.mdl when I saw another Goku skin with the belt. I could use that as a ref, but I wanted to try to make a belt on my own. After making the textures, how would I go about doing this using Milkshape?

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
An animation or the model's reference. I.E. you would export the edited model to the reference .smd and then compile the mdl once again.

Best answers
I'm not sure how any of that works. Can anyone help me privately?

Best answers
No?
smds can be as well references as sequences.
To get from .smd to .mdl you have to compile the .qc you received after decompiling the .mdl in the first place. To change the belt you have to modify the reference .smd.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Here's an example:
You decompile goku.mdl and it creates multiple .smd files and a few .bmp's. After importing the reference smd (goku.smd in this case) you make the neccessary changes and export it to overwrite goku.smd. Then by finding the compile .qc option in ms3d you then recompile the model (making sure that all of you additions to the model are assigned to a joint)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom