Convert ESF to DMZ

Best answers
Is it possible to convert an ESF Model to DMZ. Basically I am asking what is the proccess.

Any help is appreciated.

Best answers
just redo the animations for dmz. or u could just rename ur model to that of the name of a model on dmz. Only problem with that is that the animations won't be correct, reducing ur ability to enjoy the games visuals.

Best answers
Would it be possible to correctly convert an ESF model into Sven Coop, with all the animations correct and stuff?

Best answers
I seem to be running into a problem, the bones seem to match ok, I don't get an error. Except when I view the model in HLMV it is deformed. I think it is because the ESF Models are scaled down. I really have no clue though.

Best answers
Are the DMZ models scaled down as well, or are they the same size as regular half-life models?

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One problem may be that all the ESF models are scaled down 1/4 the normal size so that the maps seem larger...so you would have tiny little dbz characters running around big maps.

Best answers
MajinZ Gohan: I mean that the model complies just fine, the bones seem to fit in the right place, but the model is to small to fix the large skeleton.

Evil Trunks: Sorry About the Thread in ESF Chat. I didn't think that they would overlap like that. Plus I made the thread before this one. :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it's possible only u need do add the skeleton and assing the moves and rescale the model for 3/4 ^^

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
decompile the esf model, decompile the dmz model, import the dmz models skeleton, import the esf models triangles, scale the esf model to fit it then reassign it, export it over the dmz reference model, import all of the textures from the esf model to the folder where the dmz model is located, then compile the dmz's models qc file,

done

Best answers
This is what I have tried so far. (In Milkshape)
1. Decomplie the ESF Textures and Reference
2. Decomplie the DMZ Sequences and QC
3. Combine those 4 and then complie the model

Everything works fine, but I don't know how to resize the ESF model...do it doesn't fit the large DMZ skeketon. How, and how much do I need to enlarge the ESF model?

Update: BAH...I scaled the ESF model by 350%, that seemed to fit the skeleton, but animations are messed up, I don't know how to assign stuff I am to much of a n00b to Milkshape. Oh well...:(

Best answers
lol don't worry, you'll learn how.

select a joint from the joint tab, then select vertices from the model that you want to be assigned to the joint, then hit assign.

But you just scale the joints of the esf model to match that of the dmbz model?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, you scale the entire triangles of the model to fit over the dmz skeleton, adjusting skeletons is a bad thing

Best answers
but wouldn't it work if you just reassign? I put esf models in counter strike, and it's fun to play with, except they're hard to shoot at cause they're so tiny lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom