Contaminated dog food kills dozens of dogs nationwide

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10771943/

COLUMBIA, S.C. - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration reports that at least 76 dogs nationwide are believed to have died as a result of eating contaminated Diamond Pet Foods.

The company has recalled 19 varieties of dog and cat food because tests showed high levels of aflatoxin, a naturally occurring toxic chemical that comes from a fungus found on corn and other grains that causes severe liver damage in animals.

The company recalled products manufactured at its Gaston, S.C., plant from around September to November 2005. Based on sample testing, Diamond has narrowed down the exposure to food produced on Oct. 11, Brinkmann said Thursday.

The FDA and the South Carolina Department of Agriculture have launched investigations.

Customers who have purchased the recalled Diamond Pet Food manufactured in the South Carolina plant should immediately stop using it and return any remaining product to their retailer, according to the FDA.

The range of date codes being reviewed are "Best By 01-March-07" through Best By " 11-June-07".

FDA also has discovered that some of the recalled product was exported to at least 29 countries, including countries within the European Union. These countries have been notified.

Diamond officials say they are doing what they can to help affected pet owners.

?It?s going to take some time to take care of all these customers, and we?re going to do it,? said the company?s chief operating officer, Mark Brinkmann.

Diamond has promised to reimburse pet owners for vet bills and other costs associated with the aflatoxin poisoning, which officials now believe may include pets in Europe and other areas outside the country where the food is distributed.
This is sad. If you own a dog, find the list of brands that may carry contaminated dog food, and keep your dog away from them! They also just recently discovered that some of the dog chewy bones are also contaminated. ****in' sucks.

List of brands: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10774579/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
old news, but yea it was pretty horrible...they found ****ing rat poison in the food like wtf?

how can you be so dumb to let that happen and then not tell anyone about it and risk the lives of millions of innocent dogs? this type of stuff makes me so goddamn mad b/c my dog could have potentially died and I'm not afraid to admit that I would cry if hat happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom