Console Wars!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
you live in a house dont you? how the hell can the size matter :S

it doesnt make the game worse or better ;/

Best answers
Yeh but Dudeman, like Carol on Game Network Said. He played Jet Set Radio (Or what ever its called) He saved it on his Hard Drive then when he plays it at work he has to start over because he dosent want to fork out more money on a memery card when he has a hard drive. And the controller IS important, You have to hold it while you play (duh...)! Also size does matter, yeh u have a house but you can just put it anywhere, i have to put it in my room and it dont want a friken suX-Box taking up my room, Its massive!

Best answers
i have an xbox on my room and i just put it ontop of my vcr and with an xbox u also get dvd and i can't have it at work because its out in the open

Best answers
Originally posted by Hiro
I heard about any upgrade for the ps2 thats just for graphics to make it better then x-box graphics

There's no need for that. PS2 is already better than X-BOX now.
I've had a PS2 from the moment that they brought it out.(don't now if this is correct english but...:D )
I've played the X-BOX a few times and I also played GC. Personally I think PS2and GC share top and X-BOX is waaaaaaaaaay down

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Size always matters, I have limited space for consoles so the fact that one (X-Box) is almost twice as big as the other (GC) does affect which I choose.

Originally posted by Vegetto
the x-box is better but sony and nintendo already have reputations in consoles so no-one trused mircosoft!
The reason I dont trust Microsoft is that they bought out Bungee just a few months before they released Halo on the PC, something I will never ever forgive them for.:\

The thing is that everyone says (Ok, not everyone but I'm trying to make a point, :)) that the X-Box is great, but there aren't that many really greate games for it.

Graphics, Proccesors and Hard Drives are great, but its all redundent if you dont have good games. Which is why my money is on Nintendo and, to a lesser extent, Sony.

Nintendo have already proved they can make great games, but have as yet not had the best consoles to make them on. Playstation 2 games are already a success, but I'd hold back on calling them the clear winners since they've never yet had real competition. In the last war the N64 was outdated before the first one was sold, still hanging onto cartridges. And the Dreamcast never did great, something I still dont understand.

In my oppion, the X-Box and the Playstation 2 still have a lot of ground to cover to prove just how great they really are.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Engar

The reason I dont trust Microsoft is that they bought out Bungee just a few months before they released Halo on the PC, something I will never ever forgive them for.:\ .

ditto:S

but like hibiki said, most of the ppl, apart from ppl like chimpbot, have just said "xbox rules cos it looks good" i dont like things like that, **** i still play,a nd love, snes games, ff7, Mario kart 64, all games like that have crap gfx comeperd to xbox, but i like them, thats why i like ps2 more, since the games on it are alot better, most of them anways, i enjoy them more.

Edit: anyone who says size doesnt matter have small balls.:p

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Wow..a few of you people didn't actually read my previous post clearly enough...

I KNOW the controller matters...but what you failed to recognize is that you CANNOT use the crappy controller argument against the XBox any longer...
They released the Type-S controller, their japanese controller, Stateside a while back.
Its so much smaller than the old one, quite a bit more comfortable, too.
In other words...you can't complain and moan about the controller being too big for your tiny little baby hands anymore, because they made a controller perfect for your tiny little baby hands.

Best answers
k but who said anything about tiny little baby hands? just cause were not all 45 year old. Anyway Im glad to see the poles BUT i see the X-Box is beating GCube, Oh well your opinions guys. I didnt realy mean anything by the Chimpy

Banned
Banned
Best answers
45?

Try 18, buddy, I'm not THAT much older than most of you.

The way I'm seeing it, I think that both the PS2 and XBox are gonna flounder after this holiday season for 3 reasons:

Zelda
Mario
Metroid

Nintendo is releasing 3 games, one right after the other.
Each of these games is featuring the biggest names that they control.

Say what you will about the graphical style of the new Zelda, everybody that actually saw it at E3 loved it.
Metroid Prime could be fantastic, if its pulled off.
And Mario...you can't go wrong with a Mario game, really.

To make a long story short, Nintendo will KILL come November.

ultrassj_vegeta

U
no way.. ps2 all the way!!!!!! who cares the only ppl who will buy those games will havta buy gamecube.. and they probly already hav like a ps2 or sumfin unleses they aboslutely devoted to nintendo.........wow 3 games.... big stuff......

Best answers
Originally posted by dudeman
XboX is higher quality and faster than ps2
and the gamecube is funny but it's just like a n64 with a lil' bit more mhz and stuff..

XBOX RULES 'EM ALL!!!!
YOU BLASPHEMOUS HEATHEN!!! THATS NOT TRUE! PS2 is alot faster than X-Box, X-Box is suh-low. PS2 also has alot better games.

Chimpy: Mario games blow...

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Crusader..I hate to say it..

But..I've noticed that the load and saving times are much faster on the XBox.

This entire thread is completely objective..nothing anybody says will sway the other...

We already have our opinions, and they won't be changing any time soon...

So....time to end this.

Best answers
Its alright Chimpy, I still love ya. We're brothers, except you know I'm a awesome human...you're a chimpbot.

Best answers
its doesnt really matter how big,better games,better graphics its what your prefrence is

the Xbox tops out on all things except

1.games(right now Xbox games kinda suck

2.size of controller(the original is HUGH but the modified are better now)

3.Microsoft(hey i dont really know why ppl hate micro we wouldn't be so far in tech if it wasnt for them)

other than that Xbox makes NGC and PS2 so atari

*edit*ok sorry didnt read chimps end to this

*ps*damn im to late to end this fight

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
look if u like lil itty bitty consoles go buy yourself a psone but if youre like the rest of us and put your console somewhere near your tele then size shouldnt matter... right now xbox has no ggod games but.... hunter, and halo ... but tahts not anything just give a lil while for the games to come out then itll be up there.... the gc ya its small u got the mobile monitor and u got your games.. its comin out quite nicely as of now... but what it doesnt lack the i like in the xbox is teh hard drive..... i mean u can save your games... u can rip songs from cds .... just becuase u guys like how the gc controller fits in your hand doesnt mean anything... i mean look at the n64 controller.. it was huge awkward and retarded but every coped wit it.... if u like the ps controllers u can just simply buy an adapter/converter w/e
wit this post obviously i voted for the XBOX

Best answers
Originally posted by Chimpbot
So....time to end this.
What!?!? R u closing my thread chimp bot? Im sory if i offeneded you but i wanna knkow who will win by what you guys say. Please dont close it man!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Banned
Banned
Best answers
I dont plan on closing it just yet...
I'm just saying its time to end the arguments, because it's going nowhere fast :D

And, to Majin Gotenks...

The size of the console is EVERYTHING...
I keep all of my consoles right next to my tv, like most people would.
Unfortunatley, I also keep my stereo equipment, dvd player and sattelite dish reciever next to it, too...
Meaning..I only have SO much room next to my tv, and the XBox is taking up 50% by itself.

Believe me...console gamers love small consoles.
I love my Gamecube because it's so freakin' small..I can fit it almost anywhere.

Best answers
i don't know why people say xbox has to big controllers but i love them and about not great games on the xbox....halo-deadoralive3-tonyhawk3-projectgothamracing-spiderman

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u guys are kidden' me right?

The xbox is the best controller, or maybe I just have big hands :rolleyes: . Anyways chimp, to reply on one of ur old posts that it doesn't matter that the ps2 cant use it's power, I never said it could, and I didn't use it as an argument. But someone said the xbox is the most powerfull machine, wich it certainly isn't

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom