Console Death Cheating needs a fix!

Best answers
Ok today some guys where just killing there selfs by typing in /kill into the console and every time u die in the game u gain power. He was higher than me in like 4 mins and i was playing for about an hour with my friend. Its pretty GAAY if u ask me
thay could easyly fix this

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Feel free to do that, your ratio goes to hell for it :p

-Karrde-

Best answers
then when someone dies they gain no power making it harder for pl to go up. The pros will not do this cause they care about score

Best answers
I care about my score and i love doing it and i wouldent really care about it to much but when there done thay just OWN me with a kahmamaha and stuff it sucks

Best answers
Originally posted by NightShade
then when someone dies they gain no power making it harder for pl to go up. The pros will not do this cause they care about score
Agreed. Let them do it. It only hurts them and helps you. Let them play there pitiful game of suicide. They do not realize what they are doing.

Best answers
Originally posted by Crafty986
Ok today some guys where just killing there selfs by typing in /kill into the console and every time u die in the game u gain power. He was higher than me in like 4 mins and i was playing for about an hour with my friend. Its pretty GAAY if u ask me
thay could easyly fix this
how is it *** or "gaay" as you put it? do you know the definition of ***? brightly colored, homosexual, or cheerful. from your sentence it doesnt seem like you mean killing yourself is cheerful, it cant be brightly colored and it cant be homosexual, so dont use that word in an immature way and in a way that makes no sense.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, unfortunately, kill is a needed command!! It can be useful somtimes if u find ureself stuck somewhere and u cant move!! Altho, to all the people who use it out there to benefit their powerlevel, that's just dumb!! It will never make that person better at the game!! They only do it, cuz they just wouldnt stand a chance normally!!

Best answers
actually i tried typing kill in console a couple dozen times and my pl was decreasing not increasing so i dunno wat u guys r talkin bout ;/

Best answers
I think "kill" should be kept around since it is needed, but the ESF team should somehow find a way to not let the powerlevel rise when people do kill themselves.

Best answers
this only happenes if the rest of the players on the server have high PLs

EDIT:
lol we wrote at the same time .. anyway .. i read pcjoe on some post said some thing like he will make it that if he kills himslef he loses power instead of gaining ;D don't exactly remeber what he said .. but he said it will be fixed

Best answers
Originally posted by Fixxxer
how is it *** or "gaay" as you put it? do you know the definition of ***? brightly colored, homosexual, or cheerful. from your sentence it doesnt seem like you mean killing yourself is cheerful, it cant be brightly colored and it cant be homosexual, so dont use that word in an immature way and in a way that makes no sense.
why would you care?

Best answers
Why? Probably because ignorance is not a good thing. But seeing as that is entirely off topic I won't bother.

I am personally of the school that "score" is not an indication of skill. Abstract numbers do not really represent someone's talent in any game, because in many cases here will always be some unforseen flaw that can be exploited to increase numbers. For example I was playing today and some guy hid in a clipping error in one of the stages and kept spirit bombing people into oblivion. Certainly his 48 and 7 score made him feel good, but the rest of us didn't think of him as "skilled." But that said I agree that there should be some kind of penalty for repeated suicides. I'm not sure how realistic that would be from a coding standpoint, but maybe you could turn into a Buu-esque chocolate candy if you commit say 5 suicides in one minute. And you were stuck that way for 5 minutes.

Best answers
we really don't care for your definition. If I where to say something like "This server is gáy" you know very well how people use the word "gáy" these days it would be considered "this server sucks". Dont be a moron.

Best answers
*** is colloquially (spell?) used for the same meaning as "stupid". it's like "gammon" (said in australia, i think it came from the aborigines originally). don't be so stupid to abuse people over words they use.

and i agree - it's GAAY if people are /kill ing themselves to get power.

PS: and about a penalty idea for people that do it - maybe instead of keeping them out of the game, make them move REALLY slow and be REALLY weak for some time (say, until they are killed 5 times) and give them a different colour diamond over their head so everyone will know that they are a /kill lamer! hehe

DOH I MISSED LIVE AT THE WIRELESS 9:08!!!

Best answers
i played someone today. everytime i came close to killing him. he would kill himself. really piss me off

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haveing no kill in console

Pros

- cannot kill yourself when low on life
- people cannot kill themselves before ur about to own them

Cons

- If u get stuck in a wall, or a bug, you cannot kill yourself, but most of the time u can teleport out of bugs

i think Kill should be taken away

Best answers
how am i a moron for using a word like it should be? you guys are morons for using a word that doesnt even mean whatt you use it as. and i care becasue usually the only people that use "gaay" are mostly americans and it makes other countries look at us as homophobic and immature. not only other countries but people who are mature enough to not use that word in bad conotation will not take you seriously. whenever someone uses that word like that i picture a 12 year old kid sitting as his computer typing it thinking hes cool for using that word.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how am i a moron for using a word like it should be? you guys are morons for using a word that doesnt even mean whatt you use it as. and i care becasue usually the only people that use "gaay" are mostly americans and it makes other countries look at us as homophobic and immature. not only other countries but people who are mature enough to not use that word in bad conotation will not take you seriously. whenever someone uses that word like that i picture a 12 year old kid sitting as his computer typing it thinking hes cool for using that word.
In that post was...

Flameing of users, saying they are 12, and morons

flameing the whole of the USA;/

And your saying YOU are mature? I have seen you flame in most of your newer posts, so you are in no fit state too tell someone he is a moron, if someone says Gaay and you dont like it, ignore the post, dont feel the need to flame them, or in fact, a whole country.:S

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by NightShade
i played someone today. everytime i came close to killing him. he would kill himself. really piss me off
Sounds like some who didnt whant you to have higher pl...but you get pl when ever you hit him hmm I don´t realy understand that sort of strategy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep. That was one I already found in Alpha. ppl who do use are lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom