"Connection to Steam VAC servers could not be made"

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
wtf is this? Ive been getting that since yesterday and I didnt change anything (no, im not banned. The banned message is different from that)
However, whenever I try to join any server with VAC on I get this message .. no matter on what game/mod :(
not even steampowered.com is working for me, get a timeout when I try to access it >_<
Already found ppl with the same problem though google (they had that all of a sudden .. just like me) and all they said was like "do a system recovery or disable your antiviris or restart steam bla bla bla" .. all bs.

Any ideas?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I've had the error before, went away after a few hours...

I'm assuming the HTTP request steam sends to download the latest VAC module times out, thus resulting in that error being displayed.

The problem isn't on your end anyways, there's little you can do. (unless you want to burn some time by using system restore lol)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah, that guide is mostly bs

Oh no, apps bound to listen on ports on your local machine are going to cause a problem! Uh, not likely...

Why are they making you forward ports when you're a client? Oh wait, because the problem is on their end, and they need to give you something to do until they fix it. (you never have to forward ports to connect to a server as a client)

The only thing it could possibly be is a virus scanner/firewall program blocking steam from sending the request for the module... but if you're already logged into Steam, chances are STEAM TRAFFIC IS GETTING THROUGH lol.

Or "Check the stability and reliability of your Internet connection"... that might be a problem, considering where he lives ;D (/me pokes fun)

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt, if his internet connection was going out, how do you think he made the post ;p

Anyways, for my suggestion, its probably steam-sided.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Kaination said:
Kurt, if his internet connection was going out, how do you think he made the post ;p

Anyways, for my suggestion, its probably steam-sided.
I was making fun of the fact that he lives in germany and is on crappy DSL... (he complains about it quite regularly on AIM >.>)

And you're right, the problem is on their end, like I've said twice already

Best answers
2 words: Valve sucks. You can't do much expect to try again in a few hours, like the error box says.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
well the weird thing about it is, I cant even access steampowered.com .. so its definately not a port problem (though it was just working fine the other day and I changed absolutely nothing)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
well the weird thing about it is, I cant even access steampowered.com .. so its definately not a port problem (though it was just working fine the other day and I changed absolutely nothing)
Can you ping it?

Tried flushing your DNS cache? ( ipconfig /flushdns )

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
nope I cannot pingit, get a timeout
flusing dns cache didnt help either -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom