Connection Problems

Best answers
Often, when I've been playing ESF for a while, I get a Connection Problem. I'm wondering whether it's the fault of ESF beta 1, the server or my computer. DOes anyone know?

Best answers
well it could be the server, or the connection or your computer.
you decide.
do you play anyother hl mods?
and if so do you always get a connection problem playing those?
if yes then its you.

but if its just one* server its thier fault but i think it might be you.

Best answers
If you mean connection problem that appears in top right hand corner in red writing then that means the server has shut down or you have been disconnected from your ISP.

Best answers
well it doesnt really mean your disconnected.
if you have satillite connectiong you wont beable t play but your connection is still there.

its just there is a problem communicating back to you or back to the server.

Best answers
Ok, a few more details.

Yes, it is the kind of connection problem in red letters in the top-right corner of the screen.

Also, I do play other HL mods. I have several installed (DoD, CS, etc) but I only really play CS and ESF, and the only game where I have frequent connection problems is ESF.

Best answers
Sounds like the server shuts down or crashes. Dedicated servers are more reliable than listen servers.

Best answers
yeah i also have had this problem alot, it happens alot on the dedicated ESF servers... i dont have problems when i join non-dedicated servers.

i only have this problem with this mod and none of the other ones that i have, I have several mod installed: DoD, NS, ESF.

I can play on the dedicated servers for a bit before i get a massive amounts of lagg and then a connection problem that boots me to console and says something like "connection to server timed out". i haven't noticed any patterns to this other than i get it alot on the dedicated servers, i dont think that the server actually crashes since i can rejoin the server that i got disconnected from and everyone that was there is still playing and when i ask if anyone got connection problems they say "No".

this problem has plagued me so much that i wont join dedicaded servers anymore for fear of getting booted by a connection problem.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
basically it is all self explanatory, you had a problem with the connection:rolleyes:

you might be able to get back in, unless the server went down...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom