Connection Problem!!! Reason "Timed Out"

Best answers
please help me!!!! this problem really makes me angry!!! ;(
when i connect to an EVM server it takes 1 or 2 minutes then it says: "you have been disconnected from the server. reason: timed out"
that only happens when i CONNECT to an EVM server! i can host EVM servers (but only with bots not public) and i can connect to normal ESF servers...
but i really wanna play EVM. i have a router (fritz! box fon wlan, but i don't use the wlan, i use a cable! and i already opened ports for half-life and other games) PLEASE HELP ME!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well, the ESF Forums does not supports EVM. The thread to the EVM Website can be found hereBut to let you know the answer, it's normal. I have the same problem as well, just keep trying to connect. It's just that EVM uses up more resources then the original Earth Special Forces game, which will lead into a time out.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm having somewhat of a similar problem with EVM right now, which is beginning to spill over into my ability to join normal ESF servers. Whenever I join an EVM server, I'll get to the very last thing the box says ("Parsing Server Info" or something like that) and it'll just stick there, making my sound all choppy. It's really weird. Only recently it started happening in regular ESF server as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you guys have dial-up connections? If so then that's the problems, something to do with that, just try getting DSL or something, well of course if you have the money though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom