Connection Error

Best answers
I just downloaded, installed and played ESF perfectly a few days ago. There was a problem that after about 10-15 minutes of play I would get a connection error. I would then have to quit the game. This didn't happen in any other of my games. When I played ESF today it took only about 5 minutes for it to happen. I was wondering what is causing this and if there is a solution. My internet is 2mb broadband and my computer sepcs are above the recommended requirements. Please help me because ESF is an amazing game! :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a networking problem, so it's either on their side, or yours. Truthfully, ESF servers crash often. That's to be expected on a project that's still in development, especially one that pushes the limits of its base engine so far. If this doesn't happen to you incredibly frequently (i.e. every time you try to play on any server) then don't rule that out, because that's usually the case.

There's really nothing you can do when it happens under those circumstances, except join another server. Sometimes if you wait long enough, you'll resync with the server (this means it's either you that's lagging, or all the clients are lagging because the listenserver host overestimated his computer), but that doesn't happen as often.

However, it's possible that the problem could be on your side. Check your network settings; make sure you're not getting disconnected, or having any other problems.

Best answers
I know I'm not being disconnected as I can still go on the internet and play other games online aswell. Its really annoying when this happens and its happened nearly everytime. A few days ago I installed a new Trunks model. Everytime I played the game after that it crashed after a few minutes. I had to reinstall the game. Could this be part of the problem?

Best answers
It could be but since you can still use the internet it sounds like the esf server is causing this. Have you tried different servers?

Best answers
Okay thanks alot people, you're all really helpful thanks! :yes: I think its just the servers as its working okay most times now, thanks again! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom