Conficker/conflicker worm?

Best answers
Sup yall, some of you may know me lol. Though I haven't been logged in, I do check the ESF Forums and website almost regulary, and I have been here since the middle of 1.1. Anyways, is there any information on this worm? My computer repair teacher at my Vocational school told us about it a few days ago, so I did some searchs and found that it actually sprang up around October of last year. Microsoft has posted a $250,000 reward for whoever finds the creater of the worm. According to my teacher, the worm infects your system and steals all your security information, like emails, bank information, that sort of thing and will automatically start buying things off the net. Any news?

Then again, this could all just be a big joke, but still...

Last edited:
~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
From what I have heard this one is no joke, it's just a matter of time when it fully "reveals" it self. I have heard that ten of millions of people may already have it, it's just sitting dormant until it get instructions to activate. If you run Windows make sure your up-to-date with the security patches.

If your worried you may have it, or just wanna be safe. Microsoft online scanner seems to do a fairly good job cleaning viruses and stuff.

I just recently used it to disinfect a co-workers system, so far, so good.

Im pretty sure it only works with Internet Explorer, so......ya.

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was picked up in the media and to me seems to be exaggerated to the 10th degree. It was supposed to do something on today, but it didn't do anything.

I had the worm on my laptop, took 2 minutes in a google search and then it was gone.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did a Symantek scan that was specifically for the Conficker, and it came up with nothing. Bank account is fine, computer is fine. Nada. I'm still interested to hear what this thing is supposedly doing.

Best answers
I'm interested to see what it does as well. Hopefully they have something that can get rid of it. My teacher said he found a website that deals with the virus. www.bdtools.net or something to that effect. I haven't given it a try yet, I'm running Avast and doin the free scan, so hopefully I'm set. We should keep an eye on this thread in case someone finds something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom