Computer Viruses

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Id just like to know some of your thoughts about theese little buggers.

The idea came cause i just caught one ^^ and its forcing me to format my PC.

Anyhow my thoughts are. They suck >.>

I dont see why people would want to make them in the first place. But thats just me.

So how about you people what are your thoughts.

PS in case you are wondering i got it throo MSN >.>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love Virus's.

The fun of formatting your computer and reinstalling everying gives me pleasure.

:/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never get a virus unless someone other than me uses the computer for their own reason and goes on a downloading spree. But that hasn't happened for a long time ;).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The worst iv'e had is a trojan back in my younger days. The bad thing about it is I lost my (don't laugh :() pokemon site to it, witch was something I maintained over a period of a year or so.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive gotten 3 virus's in total.
1) clicked on something in a messageboard, and boom
2) Tried to download something from Limewire. I think it was 3dsm. Boom, virus
3) I think I did the same thing.. cept this time it was a song or something. It was my 1st one.

#1 on this computer, 2+3 on my old 1.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CrackerJack said:
Ive gotten 3 virus's in total.
1) clicked on something in a messageboard, and boom
2) Tried to download something from Limewire. I think it was 3dsm. Boom, virus
3) I think I did the same thing.. cept this time it was a song or something. It was my 1st one.

#1 on this computer, 2+3 on my old 1.
Weaksauce, on my old ass computer (before this one), i had 1432 virus's, it took about 36 hours to scan for virus's,about 4 hours to quarintine, and another 24 hours to format and re install windows.

WEAAAAAAAAAAKSAUCE

This isnt a joke either, it was when i was running Windows ME, on the first computer i've ever had. This was about... 2 years ago

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had a virus, what, 1 month ago. Formatted C: drive and reinstalled. FUNFUNFUN!

Viruses are teh shiz. Its fun to watch someone click on url removed (<< WARNING: Virus site, don't click on it) and watch them get infected.

Unless they infect me.

Best answers
bapplebo said:
I had a virus, what, 1 month ago. Formatted C: drive and reinstalled. FUNFUNFUN!

Viruses are teh shiz. Its fun to watch someone click on url removed (<< WARNING: Virus site, don't click on it) and watch them get infected.

Unless they infect me.
carfel dude, 12 yr olds do come here and they can be stupid enough to click that link then blame you when theyir comps break :talk:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about you don't go around posting virus sites. mmkay?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive had this computer for three years, and another one for four (different homes), and never have I ever had a virus. Ive had to clear spyware a few times, but thats about it. I recently wiped my hard drive simply because I had filled it with three years worth of junk. Antivirus people are just fearmongering if you ask me.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well im kinda finished with the new isntalation >.> Took me long enough to ^^

Well my thoughts i dont like them to mutch but they give me something to do. Otherwise id be borred to mutch XD

As long as it aint a virus that whipes out hardware >.<

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They invented Virus protection for a reason. They are like condoms but more reliable.

I get "virus's" all the time. But Norton immediately says "omg u noob, you have a virus, good thing I was here and deleted it"

So really I don't care much because Norton does it all :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
They invented Virus protection for a reason. They are like condoms but more reliable.

I get "virus's" all the time. But Norton immediately says "omg u noob, you have a virus, good thing I was here and deleted it"

So really I don't care much because Norton does it all :)
Don't always expect Norton to save you each time ;). Just be more careful with what you download (that's always an important lesson, sure, Norton is kept up to date and everything, but what happens if you get something that cripples your pc).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My norton is sleeping or something.. Every virus/trojan I had, its just like "Zzzz..Zzzz.. Noob, do it yourself"

And then I gota do it manually....

****ing norton

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Also had a virus few months ago, also had to format my computer, and reinstall everything again. Its quite annoying, and the most thing i really hate are keyloggers, its in fact not really a virus, but it is annoying.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
Don't always expect Norton to save you each time ;). Just be more careful with what you download (that's always an important lesson, sure, Norton is kept up to date and everything, but what happens if you get something that cripples your pc).
o.0 erm... what?

Out of the year of having this computer, and the year of having Norton, and the year of having downloading **** loads of stuff: I have yet to actually get infected with a virus. I don't think Norton or my computer will crap out on me any time soon.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
o.0 erm... what?

Out of the year of having this computer, and the year of having Norton, and the year of having downloading **** loads of stuff: I have yet to actually get infected with a virus. I don't think Norton or my computer will crap out on me any time soon.
The problem with popular virus scanner, that there are anti virus scan virus/script out there.

One time I recieved something through msn, the ******* that I am, I accepted a file from someone I barely knew.
It sended the same message to every member of my msn contact list.
After that I had weird things going on, like internet explorer crashing constantly, file corruption, yargh and norton antivirus even didnt say anything.(I confirmed that I had a virus with AVG)

Norton is good, but its a memory hog and makes your pc 2 times as slow :\
Good thing for me I have a speedy computer, but after I will format my pc in 2 weeks Ill stick to AVG.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont use any antivirus programs and Im doing just fine. Nothing will penetrate my impregnable fortress of solitude.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I dont use any antivirus programs and Im doing just fine. Nothing will penetrate my impregnable fortress of solitude.
Don't think that will last forever. I used to think that as well, now I play dirty with those scum who write them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom