computer specs

Best answers
I was just wondering what kind of specs it takes to run esf because it looks awesome but my computer is sort of low-end.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Raven said, back in 2012 the specs are not specified yet. So simply, no. I think you'll have to wait.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Atleast a triple sli nvidia titan Z

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For now all we can be sure of is that your CPU needs SSE2 and your GFX card will need Shader model 3.0 along with at minimum 128MB of GRAM.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
For now all we can be sure of is that your CPU needs SSE2 and your GFX card will need Shader model 3.0 along with at minimum 128MB of GRAM.
Just dissapointed me, i got AMD Extreme AX550 Series T_T

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you can play current games, you will be able to play ESF.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Grega that 128mv Vram is outdated..you would need 512 at least or it will copy data all the time from CPU to GPU

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega that 128mv Vram is outdated..you would need 512 at least or it will copy data all the time from CPU to GPU
Well we didnt discuss the specs in a while. Besides if that is the case, the config tool needs updating XD

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What's the most important factor the final version to run smooth btw?

Is it the generation or the actual ghz?
so let's say that a cpu of 1.8 ghz in let's say 2 years will do or
does it really need 3ghz+ to run smooth no matter what age of the cpu?

the question only relates to mhz not to all the other technologies.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's the most important factor the final version to run smooth btw?

Is it the generation or the actual ghz?
so let's say that a cpu of 1.8 ghz in let's say 2 years will do or
does it really need 3ghz+ to run smooth no matter what age of the cpu?

the question only relates to mhz not to all the other technologies.
This is HL. We are bound to a single CPU core. So having an 8 core CPU means that 7 of those cores will be unusable by the game and it all hangs on the GHz of the one core thats running the game.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is more to processor speed than MHz. MHz simply means how fast it can process one command, or rather how many commands it can process in 1 second.

1MHz = 1000000 commands per second.

Then there is the internal memory. The bigger the internal memory, the less time is wasted accessing the RAM. So it kinda depends on what its actually doing to be determined faster or not.

If you have 3MB of commands with a 3 MB internal chache and no branching. The more MHz capable CPU wins.

If you have a vastly bigger set of commands, then at some point the faster CPU with less internal memory will waste so much time going though the RAM and back, that the newer CPU with more internal memory will outperform it, because it needed to access the RAM a lot less.

Last edited:
Best answers
sorry to bring this up again, but if what i am assuming is correct if i can run nnk quite well i should be able to run esf well also right?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's possible. There may be a possiblity where the graphics are more optimized for ESF than they were for NNK, so there's a chance that the fancy graphical effects may run better on ESF. There's also the chance that the graphics are even more powerful than they were in NNK (which I'm sure is the case, since the graphics in NNK are somewhat dated compared to ESF I would imagine) and are more demanding on your PC. I don't have the inteam so I'm unfortunately not the best person for this answer, Ryo and/or Raven would probably be the best person for this kind of question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom