computer restarts when i start esf 1.3

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have the problem when i start esf openbeta 1.3 i create a lan server they load all normal then before the game starts my computer restarts automaticlly.

I have Steam with Half-Life.

Sorry for my bad english

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Do you get this with other games as well? I might be wrong, but it is possible your video card (or something related) gets overheated. Which is causing the reboot. But then again, you did said it restarts "before" the game starts. So, all I can think of is video card overheated, and or you have a possible virus causing this.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
only esf 1.3

The problem is all my other steam games + mods works fine and esf 1.2.3 too. The Game loads and restart when the loading are done.

My Hardware:
AMD Athlon 2500+ XP
Corsair 1024MB (512+512)
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB
Windows XP Pro SP2
i have the newest graphic driver

Sorry for my bad english

Mog

Best answers
!!!
I have this problem too! - just for me it doesn't happen with ESF... for me it happens on any game that uses the Source engine... :(

For the last few months- CS: Source, DoD: Source, HL: Source and HL2 have had that problem!
The game loads (i can move around for a couple of minutes), then my PC shuts itself off (mine doesn't do restart or windows shutdown, it just instantly switches off!) :scared:

I've been trying to get help from Steam for a while, but I still have the problem. ;/

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
!!!
I have this problem too! - just for me it doesn't happen with ESF... for me it happens on any game that uses the Source engine... :(

For the last few months- CS: Source, DoD: Source, HL: Source and HL2 have had that problem!
The game loads (i can move around for a couple of minutes), then my PC shuts itself off (mine doesn't do restart or windows shutdown, it just instantly switches off!) :scared:

I've been trying to get help from Steam for a while, but I still have the problem. ;/
As said in my first post, possible video card overheating problem. But I can't be too sure about it though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
!!!

Either hardware issues as already mentioned or possibly the game themselves/steam are rooted. Try defraging the game cache, and if that doesn't work delete the local game content and re-download your games that are giving you issues and reinstall any mods that you may have installed previously. You could also try deleting clientregistry.blob (located in your steam dir) before you try reinstalling your games to save you from having to go through and reinstall steam + and/or your games.
I have the problem when i start esf openbeta 1.3 i create a lan server they load all normal then before the game starts my computer restarts automaticlly.

I have Steam with Half-Life.

Sorry for my bad english
Try following some of the advice I recommended to Mog in this post.

Mog

Best answers
Overlord, I have already tried most things you (and Steam support) have mentioned.
I haven't tried re-downloading the game cache files though, only because I don't know what game to re-download?
It would have to be the game all the source games and third party source mods run on right? ...is that Half-Life 2?

Anyway, I wouldn't have thought a video card could overheat in under 2 minutes...
Also, the last time I tried Doom 3 it worked fine. :]

If it was overheating, shouldn't I see an error/warning message popup the next time I startup the computer? or a system log somewhere that mentions what happened?
It doesn't appear in the windows XP event log.

You may be right though - my video card does always run egg-fry-able-ing-ly hot.

If I turn the graphics down from 1680x1050 res with most settings all the way up, down to 640x480 res with all the settings turned all the way down, then the game will usually last a bit longer; 10 minutes when I'm lucky... o_O

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Nothing helps

Everytime before the loading are done my computer restarts. Steam Half-Life+mods+esf1.2.3 works perfect. Why esf 1.3 openbeta don?t work?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everytime before the loading are done my computer restarts. Steam Half-Life+mods+esf1.2.3 works perfect. Why esf 1.3 openbeta don?t work?
master-exus, what operation system are you running? If its XP then the restart is most likley happening when your suppost to get a blue screen error. Next time you start up 1.3, try disabling automatic restarts.

Follow the following steps at your own risk.
Go to Start - Control panel
In control panel, open "system".
Click on "Advanced" tab and at the bottom where 'Startup and recovery" is click "Settings"
Uncheck the bottom check under "system failure" which should be 'Automatic restart' then press okay - apply.

Then start up ESF 1.3.

When the game crashes hopefully a blue screen appears with an error, ill need you to write down the "STOP: 0x00000000" error and tell me what comes up.

with that info we may be able to find your problem. but i think i know what it is. my guess is "0x000000D1"

Mog

Best answers
:(
I wish that XP setting fixed my problem I mentioned above... I didn't even know that setting was there.
I thought it probably wouldn't help anyway, seeing as my computer doesn't restart like his, it just turns off...

Thankfully it hasn't begun affecting ESF yet...

So far I've also tried:
- checked system/game event logs. (nothing found)
- verified & defragged Steam game cache files
- re-installed Steam
- Scandisk
- virus scan
- spyware scan
- adware scan
- defragged HDDs
- updated sound card drivers
- disabled sound card
- memtest86 (full RAM testing)
- re-installed DirectX9c
- overheating test (by playing Doom3 for 2 hours on high settings - it got hotter than HL, but had no problems...)

I spent most of TWO DAYS doing all that... and none of it really helped at all!!! ;/

I'm guessing your problem is completely different to mine though, your problem might actually be fixable... :(

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
master-exus, what operation system are you running? If its XP then the restart is most likley happening when your suppost to get a blue screen error. Next time you start up 1.3, try disabling automatic restarts.

Follow the following steps at your own risk.
Go to Start - Control panel
In control panel, open "system".
Click on "Advanced" tab and at the bottom where 'Startup and recovery" is click "Settings"
Uncheck the bottom check under "system failure" which should be 'Automatic restart' then press okay - apply.

Then start up ESF 1.3.

When the game crashes hopefully a blue screen appears with an error, ill need you to write down the "STOP: 0x00000000" error and tell me what comes up.

with that info we may be able to find your problem. but i think i know what it is. my guess is "0x000000D1"

Thank you for your help RavenTrunks :) . I get only a blue screen without any text. What error is this when no message is include?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you for your help RavenTrunks :) . I get only a blue screen without any text. What error is this when no message is include?
thats odd... have you got the blank screen more than once? was probably a glitch that it didnt show.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
thats odd... have you got the blank screen more than once? was probably a glitch that it didnt show.
Yes I test it 5 times and everytime it was a blank blue screen what problem is this?

greets exus

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which link did you download 1.3 from?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure, usually theres an error with the blue screen. Without some kinda error message I have no idea what could be causing the problem.

Best answers
A torrent... can it be possible he dled the leaked version?!?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The most distribution of the openbeta was also VIA torrent.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
thx

A torrent... can it be possible he dled the leaked version?!?
I dont download the leaked version. I download from the torrent on the mainsite. I tryed the download from hl2files and it was the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom