computer questions again yay.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
long story short, the PSU that shipped with my new machine was less than stellar (im talking 250w >_>) thats not near enough to run any PCI-E graphics cards.

so i need to upgrade that first, but now that i have gotten used to the quietness of my new computer (cant even tell it is on, save for the lights) i want to make sure i get one that is also equally quiet, yet fairly powerful and cheap.

the cards im looking at require a minimum of 350w, not amazing little cards but they do however seem to have alot of kick for the price.

any you guys have any recommendations for a 400-500+ PSU that is quiet/capable/cheap? (preparing for future devices) I also have to buy a 100$ card and im piss broke as is, the cheaper the better but I also need one that will last as long as the computer.

i am a complete noob when it comes to pc hardware, i appreciate any help i can get.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also wondering, are these fairly uniform? like is worrying about if it will fit in my case a valid concern?

finding someone to install it is a problem too >_>, there is a local pc building company that will install for free IF you purchase the part there, but they can never match newegg's deals.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Installing a PSU is very simple nuttzy. Just if you don't have a good memory keep a pad of paper or something around and draw like a little diagram where all the previous connectors went and what pin size they were. Removing the PSU is basically removing all the cords then unscrewing the back of the case then pull out the PSU. Then vice versa for installing your new one. I wouldn't waste your money on someone building your own pc its very simple. I built mine over 6 months ago from scratch and with a little bit of help from smith I got it done not ever doing it before.

So basically if I can do it anyone should be able to do it heh.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well ive done it before, just it was a straight replacement, same PSU swapped for an identical one. so it wasn't hard knowing what went where.

a whole new one with possible some extra connectors would confuse me, Im sure i COULD do it, but having just spent my last dime on this computer im wary of "experimenting" on it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well ive always had a loud computer, as in i can hear them from the bathroom.

now that i have a quiet one, i want to keep it that way =).

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never got the quiet thing, mine sounds like an airport, and it's always cool. :D
Hell ya love my 4 120MM fans and 200M fan plus PSU fans blasting at max!!!

Also the loud computer helps cover up your blasting noises in the bathroom which is a good thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom