computer problem while booting up...>_<

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok i installed styleXp and some of you might be familar with this program, you can change your theme, your background, your style your logon screen and the windows loading screen...

well once i thought it would be quite a good idea to change teh windows loading screen (when the xp flag and the loading screen jsut before the logon screen appears) and it gave me warnings before i saved over it saying windows has made a default + backup etc.

since i have installed the new windows load up screen, as soon as i truend on my computer, white rightong on a black backgorund would ask me if i wanted to load up safe mode of xp or the default mode of xp and i get the 30 seconds timer,,, i just leave teh time to reach to 0 that way it laods up my settings now,,, i uninstalled the windows load up screen and i still get the same load up,,, can someone help me fix this or tell me what to do to fix this etc because i can't be arsed waiting an extra 30 seconsd for my computer to load up,,,and the fact it worries me that there is something totally wrong with my computer,,,,

computer specs are:

P4 2.8 processor
512 RAM
60 gig HD
ATI Radeon 9800

thanks in advance ^_^

Best answers
OMG! bah, that same thing happened to my computer when I used styles xp to change my loading screen. I Was like wtf? I haven't figured out how to use it. I have 3.0 ghz, 1024 ram, 100 gig hd and gforce fx 5900 256mb ddr... but... i guess that doesnt matter. All i did was burn the stuff I wanted on a cd and reformated, i was due for one anyways.. thats the only way i know how to fix it.. maybe someone else knows a way that WONT reformat your comp

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh right, lol i really dont need to reformat i computer,,,, dont think i have enough disks to back up my stuff :S lol

Best answers
Ummm, did you get a bootscreen that was compatible with whatever version of XP you have? (1st Release, SP1, etc....) If not, that may be the cause of your prob, and if you don't wanna be arsed with waiting 30 seconds, just hit enter on "Load Windows Normally" Hope this helps :)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no when i hit load normally, it load without my settings so either way i have to wait 30 seconds :S lol and it worked fine until i changed the windows loader...

Best answers
system restore is your best friend =D never turn it off u never know when you will need it ^_^ lol, it was because you changed your loading screen that happens and probably will continue.....NEVER change that screen it screws up a lot of crap

Best answers
I have a fix: right click on my computer, go to properties, click advanced, then click settings under Startup and Recovery. After that uncheck the 'time to display list of operating systems,' or change it from 30 seconds to 3 seconds to be safe.
Thing is, StyleXP modifies the boot.ini and sets the 30 second wait time JUST IN CASE the bootscreen is messed and your unable to start your system. ALWAYS, I REPEAT ALWAYS test the bootscreen before turning off the timer! Or else you'll have to get a friends boot.ini file and replace it through DOS (this is the only way to fix it without formatting if you do happen to mess it up).

I posted a fix a while back on these forums but no one listened I guess :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom