Best answers
You would need the Quake 3 compilers, you can't use the half-life compiling programs. Even with the Quake 3 compilers, I dont know if it would work even then.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
hmm ... maybe export it to .map open it in Quark (level editor for multiple games) and compile for q3 ... but im not sure if that wors ^^

Best answers
If anything, that would probably have the best chance of working.

Best answers
first reset all the textures... q3 use only jpg & tga
then export it to *.map
then open it with gtKradiant "best q3 level editor" www.q3radiant.com
learn all about q3 mapping lol, and compile it ;D

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
did you tested that and does it work? kinda funny to make q3 maps with hammer then ^^

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
In theory I think it should work. I'm not a mapper but I know the basic theory of how the files work. .map should be interchangeable to almost anything, and as long as the textures are correct it should work. Now, that doesn't mean it will neccesarilly work perfectly :p You could end up with a map with the architecture all messed up. Now I know that satansmaster (Bushido Half Life mapper) made a JKII map in the major Q3 map editor and exported it as a.mapwhile he waited for the JKII map editor to be finished back when it was first released. However going from Q3 to JKII is a much smaller step than going from HL (aka Q1 mostly) to Q3. But who knows, in theory I think it should work. GL.

-Karrde-

Best answers
this works because the HL "*.map" is compatible with Q3 "*.map", they are all brushes, but is not the same trying to export q3 to hl, "its works but only the basic brushes"
& then you have to re-texture the whole map & add entities and work with it like a q3 map project

Best answers
I tried it and it kinda worked, I tried it with one map and it didn't work then I tried another one and i worked after lots of tries. But there were lot off errors especialy the colors were really f*cked up, the were also of thing that had another form...

Best answers
Originally posted by The Dark One
I tried it and it kinda worked, I tried it with one map and it didn't work then I tried another one and i worked after lots of tries. But there were lot off errors especialy the colors were really f*cked up, the were also of thing that had another form...
Colors??? what are you talking about? lights color???

Best answers
The light colors were diffrent, and some of the objects had another form, some colors [like the wall colors] were really diffrent.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
Originally posted by KarrdeKNR
... HL (aka Q1 mostly) ...
hrmm .. isnt HL made of the Q2 engine? nm ^_^

its worth a try to open hl maps with a q3 editor, but since both games need alot of different things in their maps, its not really a good solution .. but still fun ^_^

*EDIT*
KarrdeKNR, clean your PM box!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said. It might technically work but there might be funky errors. ;P And HL doesn't have all that much Q2 in it. It's mostly Q1. It's like the ******* child of Q1 and Q2 ;P

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom