compiling problem

Best answers
Hey when ever I try to do the fake cell shading on a model and compile, it starts compiling then it gets to the last animation and says that an error happend and closes. Does anyone know how to fix this? O yeah Im using MS3D.

Best answers
"ms3d.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Best answers
Which method of fake cell shading did you use? MDLs don't support all settings you cah select in ms3d. In addition, what's the polycount?

Best answers
Ok for the cell shading part im doing the one where you duplicate the model then do the fat boy thing.The polly count is 1898.

Best answers
Fat boy, the inverse faces, then black texture on it?
There is another one where you make the fatboyed part "shine". Which one?

Best answers
well, it's most likely because the animations don't match the skeleton. that's why most crash ms3d.

Best answers
First one, fat boy, the inverse faces, then black texture on it

Best answers
Normally that should work.
hmmmmmm...
Are you sure the black texture you use for the fatboyed part is in a fitting format and 256 colours?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
go buy a decent modeling program? wait for milkshake 2? i dunno...its all so...simple...

Best answers
There is. Look for "studioMDL.exe" in google or in the forums. And about the model: If you'd like, you can send it to me via mail, I'll have a look then, cause this sounds strange. Check your pms.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
none that are any better or worse than what comes in the program your using. go to www.discreet.com and getthe trail period of max 6. its far superior.

Best answers
Another modeling program won't fix a compiling problem. And you have to pay for max after the trial period. And Milkshape is enough for modeling in a Half-Life if you don't want to get a quality which could be sold. And for beginners MAX is a kinda overkill. Just stick with ms3d for the beginning, and send me the model to fix :)

Best answers
O never mind it turns out that there was a problem with my black texture but thanks guys for helpin me! O yeah how do you do the way where you make it "shine"?

Best answers
The shine thing isn't supported in HL.
But I think you could try it with chrome and transparency... but that is just a thought of me, untested...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom