Best answers
I got Zoner's Tools but when I click, Start Compile, it says "Run-time error "13" Type mismatch" I downloaded the patch thing or whatever that is supposed to fix that but it still gives me the message. I am running windows XP so i thought maybe that was the problem. If anyone knows i would really like to know how to fix it. I made this killer map and I havent been able to play it. I have World Craft 3.3.

the link is http://208.1.184.34/~dylan/ to see some screen shots of the map in WC. The map pics are right after the model ones.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
<--[MrMasj]-->

On the pics i can´t see any info_deathmatch (player starts)
that can be one problem no Windows Xp dosen´t give you the wc problem.
You can try download the WorldCraft Hammer ED from
its newer then your version 3.3
http://www.valve-erc.com

you can always check the map/check for problems button there can you maybe find your problem if it still is any problem post here and i will se what it can be !

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Re: <--[MrMasj]-->

Originally posted by MrMasj
On the pics i can´t see any info_deathmatch (player starts)
that can be one problem no Windows Xp dosen´t give you the wc problem.
You can try download the WorldCraft Hammer ED from
its newer then your version 3.3
http://www.valve-erc.com

you can always check the map/check for problems button there can you maybe find your problem if it still is any problem post here and i will se what it can be !
dont listen to this crap...
it doesn't matter what version of WC or H you have...
and if you dont have a player_deathmatch, you won't se your map in the map list, that's all... that won't make your compilation crash..

you got another problem, and i dont know if theres a error in the map or in your compilation tools...
so tell me if u can compile a small box with only a light and a playerstart...

if not, send me the map, and i'll compile it for you..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes, MrMasj is talking bullcrap.

Uhmm..... I dunno, this is total guessing but you DID configure WC totally for the mod right?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Don´t listen to the crap

The real big problem with this can be every thing
the only real diffrense betwen the orginal compile tools and zoners is that the zoners is mutch faster...
The Version of Hammer is better they have fixed a lot of errors
and the problem can be in the old 3.3 wc version
But it can be many things please post your compile info here.
nad i will look over it and se what sort of problem you have...

Best answers
I keep getting this Runtime error 13 Type mismatch error. It looks like it compiles properly but right at the then i get that error message for the mismatch error. ITS DRIVING ME MAD! Perhaps I can send someone the .map file and they can compile it for me and send it back. Please please please. It would actually be better if i could get his damn thing working but its not looking good. I wish Zoner would update his program or atleast his site. *******.

**Edit** I didnt know you couldnt say Bastar.d here. Anways, it has to be the compile tools, i checked for problems in the map and it said there were none. On zoner's web site he has a post to fix the runtime error and i dled it and ran it and nothing happend, it still doesnt work. I need some help here.

Best answers
wow behold mrmasj's spelling skills :), i felt like i was reading something that a 9 year old wrote with 1 arm heh =)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow thank u for that total waste of bandwith

Best answers
WOA!!!!!! Where the hell have I been....

Gonna have to break this new forum in I guess...

*Pops knuckles* who needs a map compiled? Cause I would have no problem trying to fix their map up for them...

Send the .rmf file to [email protected]

oooo and one more thing.. I have made 2 more maps and will try and post some screens in my DEV journal... Soon as I can figure how to get the darn thing to work :) Also I am working on a third map as we speak... Looks very nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom