compile problem..I NEED HELP FAST

Best answers
i have a problem compiling my map (for the competition :( ) that had never happened before
When I try to save is as a .map file (to compile it with "ZHLT Compile GUI X²") something happenes.. ZHLT can't compile it, and when i open the .map file in hammer it's completely blank..nothing inside @_@
I tryed to copy paste something into the map file...it works but still the same problem..when i open it again it's blank
The map has no problem or bug when i check it but i can't even compile it with hammer...I even tryed to compile another simple map..that usualy works and still same problemS
Can someone help me plzzzzzzz ??

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
maybe you OPENED the .map but saved it as .rmf (its .rmf by default)
open the .rmf, try to compile and copy&paste the compile log

Best answers
Thank you dj-ready for the reply :)
No..i'me sure i save it as a map file...I don't know why i can't see it, but now i think i know why i can't compile it with ZHLT Compile GUI X²...I belive it's because i used very bix textures (512x512)... i tryed to change the texture to everything and it worked...But i have another problem now...About max viewable distance.. no mater how i set it, i can't see the entire map..and when i'm looking (ingame) at the part that is cut (cuz of the max distance) it mooves very bad..like it lags mery much :-S
How can i fix this ?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
512x512 textures should be fine, im using like only 512 textures...
for the max distance should a value like 20000 be ok, and it does not affect the fps or r_speeds but the brushwork itself does, so if your map is too detailled it will lag, especially with lots of entities

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For 512x512 textures, you have to set the texdata flag to something higher. Try -texdata 8192, and you shouldn't have any problems.

I use an older version of that same compiler, and I've noticed that changing the max viewable distance in the compile GUI doesn't seem to affect the map. Change it in the map itself, since it seems to override what the GUI sets. Go to Map->Map properties->Max viewable distance, and type in what you need there.

Best answers
thanks it works good now (no more lag) but i still gotta do something about that max viewable distance (tryed everythig (0, 6000, 20000, 60000 > both in hammer and ZHLT)..what should i do now ? oO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom