Compile Error

Best answers
:S Hey Someone help me!
When i i'll compile my map get that error:

[Reading texlights from 'C: \Arquivos de programas\Batch Compiler\tools\lights.rad']
[1 texlights parsed from 'C: \Arquivos de programas\Batch Compiler\tools\lights.rad']

2878 faces
Create Patches : 35002 base patches
0 opaque faces
667472 square feet [96116064.00 square inches]
1 direct lights

BuildFacelights:
(195.65 seconds)
visibility matrix : 73.0 megs
BuildVisLeafs:
(164.88 seconds)
MakeScales:
Error: Memory allocation failure
Description: The program failled to allocate a block of memory.
Howto Fix: Likely causes are (in order of likeliness) : the partition holding the swapfile is full; swapfile size is smaller than required; memory fragmentation; heap corruption

----- END hlrad -----

I already compiled other maps but only that one hav that problem! I Closed all programs, my hd hav 40gb free, so, wts the problem? If someone can compile it to me add me on msn or send me one e-mail: [email protected], or simply post the solution here

THX!!!!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The following is an excerpt from <http://www.slackiller.com/tommy14/errors.htm>. If you read the stickies, you would have found this link and the following text.

Description: The program failed to allocate a block of memory. Likely causes are (in order of likeliness) :

do not compile thru WC/Hammer F9 "running" - this hogs RAM. Instead use a front end or batch file to organize your compiling;

the partition holding the swapfile is full (clean out your hard drive, empty trash, clear out unused files, purge your temp files folders and internet browsers temp files.);

swapfile size is smaller than required (let swapfile be dynamicly allocated, do not set it too small yourself.);

memory fragmentation (defrag your hard drive);

heap corruption (reboot and try again. If you have old RAM, make sure it is seated well. check for viruses!).

on at least one occasion this was caused by a corrupt prefab.

on at least one occasion this was solved by removing a skybox and so making the level smaller.

Best answers
But my ram is good (256) and i tryed all that things!

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
"Howto Fix: Likely causes are (in order of likeliness) : the partition holding the swapfile is full; swapfile size is smaller than required; memory fragmentation; heap corruption"

increase the size of your swapfile... aka virtual memory

try if that works

Best answers
What is Swapfile and how can i increase the size? Virtual memory = ram memory right?

Best answers
Probose said:
What is Swapfile and how can i increase the size? Virtual memory = ram memory right?
No Vmem is not RAM

Vmem is space on your harddisk that is used LIKE RAM but is much slower. The swapfile is that space on your harddisk that the Vmem uses.

You can change the size by going to the configuration screen of windows. Then choose system. Than choose the Tab Advanced. Then click on the upper config button. Then an other window will pop-up. Then choose the tab advanced. And than you should see at the bottom of the window: Virtual Memory and an edit button. Click on the edit button to change the amount of HD that is used for virtuel memory.

Best answers
Thanks man! Now compile without errors and very more fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom