COMPILE A MODEL

Best answers
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I searched this forum (and many others) but still i didn't find out how to make this work...
i made a model in milkshape...
i made a smd file (reference)
i made a smd file (sequence)
i made a .bmp skin
i made a .qc file and edited it like i saw in other tutorials...
So what i wanted to ask is :
Why dosn't it work and plz tell me where can i find this magical "studiomdl.exe" and "gameconfig.txt" that i keep hearing about..
cuz i downloaded some compiling program named "GUIStudioMDL" but in needs those 2 files to work please help and reply to this thread !!!!!

P.S. If i can't compile it.. is there anyone willing to give me his msn so i can send the model to him and get it back compiled ?
THANK YOU !

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if your trying to throw it in esf your going about it all wrong,

decompile an existing esf model to get your qc and sequence smds, and the reference smd to write over

export your model (after you've assigned it) ober the reference smd of the original model and compile away,

however that would not cause it to crash like that, thats mostly just advice, most likeley your textures arent in the proper format. they need to be 256 color bmp files, if they are not your milkshape will crash every time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you have to name the ref smd like its called in the qc file

and be sure u assigned every skeleton/joint to a vertice/poly

then there only could be a problem with the polycount but if your model is under 2100 polys then there can´t be a problem

Best answers
I love this forum ^^ :laff: :yes: :rolleyes: ;D :shocked: :laff: :]
Thank you !!!!!
The problem was the texture..mine was 16 bit but 256 works!
:laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom