[Competition] Win a premium minecraft account!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This competition IS deceptively simple, but it's a major challenge to express something most people do not recognize or really appreciate what it means in your life.

The word is 'Ego', try to explain this word at the level of what you know. I am not looking for the best grammatical interpretation just an in depth meaning of what you guys think about the Ego.

It could be based about anything, whether its social, spiritual or maybe even to do with the entertainment industry.

This does not mean the clearest answer would win, it could be the mentioning of only 1 word that could win this competition.

HELP:

I have only 1 video to give people an idea of what to write with a spiritual meaning - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fohAnYUujSw

The account username: Broadcasting

Good luck! :yes:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Out of curiosity, what motivates you to spend your money to give out a minecraft account and spend time reading essays about ego?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll buy the first admin to close this thread, with the promise that it will not be reopened by anyone, Valve: Complete.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I from time to time buy things on steam as gifts for people to balance out my checking account. Ask Z and Dam.

Let alone I held a drawing for a half-life account last year.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I from time to time buy things on steam as gifts for people to balance out my checking account. Ask Z and Dam.

Let alone I held a drawing for a half-life account last year.
A couple of unnamed people do that, but don't tell anyone except for each other that they've done so. It's beautiful, really.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Fortnox that was amazing i must say. Now we don't have anymore challengers?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Simple and short.

Our Ego is our will to live our greed to move forward.

Loose that and you either end up dead by suicide or on pills that make you think you are happy, while you rest in a nice white room with pillows all over the walls and a suit with its sleeves tied behind your back.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Very nice greg, ill give this 1 more day before i decide for a winner.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Our ego is a necessary part of our lives as that is where we develop our self-esteem, which then allows us to perform our tasks with self confidence.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are confusing between Pride and Ego. Ego is the negative aspect of self esteem, the one that makes you think you are all high and mighty. Even if you actually are, it causes you to treat others with less respect, thinking they are not worth being treated well.

Pride is the positive aspect, it is your shield, your harness to not giving up. It makes you believe you are worth something, and that to fulfill that worth, you must give your all for the betterment of your life.

I do not want Minecraft, I just wanted to have a say in the matter.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Ego is the basic sense of self that fuels your desires and personality. It can only truly be noticed when it's gone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pride is the positive aspect, it is your shield, your harness to not giving up. It makes you believe you are worth something, and that to fulfill that worth, you must give your all for the betterment of your life.
I think you're confusing pride with delusion. :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pride is ego. Or rather a part of it. In the end of the day its all ego. Saying "Im proud to do this" or "Im proud to be from here" is nothing more than an ego boost to make you feel better.

And since this is a DBZ forum, Vegeta is a perfect example. Proud of being the prince and all that ****, but at the end of the day all that pride of his does is make him an egomaniac.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Our ego is an integral part of our lives, we are born with it. I'd say it's like the instinct for self-preservation.
And a person is called an egoist, not because he is selfish, but when his "ego" violates the freedom of another person.
And ANY deed that we perform, that satisfies us, we do it for ourselves, that is for our "ego". I mean that even self-sacrifice, in some way can be an action that complements our "ego".

P.S. Everybody knows that ego means "I" in Latin. Try replacing that word with the English pronoun. Sounds kinda stupid, uh? :)

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pride is ego. Or rather a part of it. In the end of the day its all ego. Saying "Im proud to do this" or "Im proud to be from here" is nothing more than an ego boost to make you feel better.

And since this is a DBZ forum, Vegeta is a perfect example. Proud of being the prince and all that ****, but at the end of the day all that pride of his does is make him an egomaniac.
Yeah thats another thing, when most people use the word "Pride" in that context, it is actually their ego talking. Although in practical terms, both the words can be interchanged with each other so the entire point becomes kinda moot.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah thats another thing, when most people use the word "Pride" in that context, it is actually their ego talking. Although in practical terms, both the words can be interchanged with each other so the entire point becomes kinda moot.
That was kinda my point. Both words describe the exact same thing. Pride = Ego and without it we fall into shambles mentally

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom