Competition poll!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidhalo's Entry

Enix/NightTerror's entry

Mr.Ray's entry

Kreshi's entry

Growlers entry

remember, to judge on what you think is a good use of polygons, and texture space. and on the finnished product.

its possible for unfinnished entries to win (only in this, being the first competition) if they have a better meshflow/texture than the others.

please bear that in mind when voting!

Poll lasts untill midnight tomorrow, forum time, and the winner will then have a couple of days to choose the subject for the next competition!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Best answers
it's hard to choose,they are all good.but if i need to vote i go for Enix his Zero :] .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find i like Kreshi's entry the best :)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enix ftw =P

David should've tried the competition out though :O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TwisteR said:
When you click on their entrys, it takes you to their profile. I thought it would take you to their entry. o_O
well its the first unoffical competition... thats why... i guess :-\

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
a post with like a summary of everything would be helpfull ... sort of. :p
well you get the point...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TwisteR said:
When you click on their entrys, it takes you to their profile. I thought it would take you to their entry. o_O
/me runs to fix

Best answers
It was close from my opinion I went for Mr Ray, his polyflow is much superior to the other meshes. His texture is unlikely to appeal to the many of you, but I think the realism is a great break away from what was expected for the model.

Animation wise I'd say enix's and mr rays model would perform about the same, the joint constructions are very similar, however Enix's mesh seems to have more "wasted" or un optimised polygons.

Great stuff guys! I'd like to take part next time so long its not a manga character hehe :)

Peace

Greg

Best answers
heh, I would have submitted mine if my skinner wouldn’t have disappeared :p

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I voted for Enix. I feel that the model has great polyflow, its almost 100% perfectly sculpted, has great shape and has a great skin, subtle yet rich colours, which go beautifuly onto the model and describle the shape perfectly, The only thing that bugs me is the eyes but i feel that no model here had quite got the eyes down right anyway. feel its a winner :yes:

I'd say Mr Ray's and Kreshi's are pretty much drawn, I think kreshi has the superior shape, and poly flow , yet the skin doesnt do the model justice it lacks proper shadding and doesnt have the polished/finished look to be honnest to me it looks a bit rushed. Mr. Rays model is pretty well done, apart from the shape of the face it's probably on par with kreshi's and enix's, and the skin was brave and bold to use that look, however i think it could have been 10 x better, if it wasnt so apparent, if there were less scratches and blended in much smoother, to me the effect was overdone and not quite applied well enough.

Growlers and Davidhalo's were unfinished and therefore didnt reach their full potential imo. The problem with Growlers is the poly flow gets a tiny bit messy in places and of course the skin was missing and because you're using gmax it hasnt got the ability to render your model to its full potential. Davidhalo's has excellent shape, and the poly flow is nice and all, but there are way too many uneeded pollies there are places where things could have been defined just as well with less polies.

Good game guys, if there's a new competition i like, i might join in D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:0 I wasn't done! LOL
well, here is an update- I don't yet know how to skin, but if someone wants to, they can help me.

Best answers
WNIX FTW!!! for the best model i have ever seen!!!!! hehe *hands enix a hella big cookie*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom