Company of Heroes

Best answers
Recently i got the beta to the COH from fileplanet, i didn't see a NDA so i got some screenies for ya enjoy.

This WW2 game is insane, i actually tried it due to accepting beta status and zomg it rules, the tutorial had me in awe, and alot of the things for the game were disabled!

I captured some screens, but due to JPEG i lost alot of quality, the game besides the reso because of my monitor, was running in full graphics with no slow down, i zoomed in on a soldier to see the detail, they even gave the soldiers veins on their hands, they went all out with this game and it will pay off from what iv seen.

Parachuting in.

Having a shootout at the graveyard, the good thing about the infantry aspect is they automatically go behind cover areas, so they don't all die miserably.

Say hello to my little friend! This machine gun i took from them is a monster problem for them!

In this pic my deployed MG249 machine gun outpost is taking them down as they get into range, once they are pinned down it is only a matter of time unless they retreat, which being a demo they don't so it makes a nice show.

One of the better parts of the demo, i get outnumbered for once, and ambushed by a APC and multiple soldiers, my men are pinned down at the top of the hill.

Screen shot i took after i constructed sandbags, thats right you heard me you can create barbwire walls,sandbags,tank traps, or place mines, among other things and that is just the infranty aspect!

The final picture i have for you is activating one of the 3 commander line abilities, consisting of armor company,infantry company, and airborne company, these companies kind of work like battle for middleearth did, the exp you see in the pics is just growing my command bar, as it fills i gain abilities, and this is one down the infantry line, the artillery strike!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMFG YOU *****!
I WANT THE COH BETA!!!

LEAKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Game looks great, now answer me the question. Will units take cover smartly and effeciently?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I've been waiting for this game for a long time. Those screens look awesome.

Best answers
bapplebo said:
OMFG YOU *****!
I WANT THE COH BETA!!!

LEAKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Game looks great, now answer me the question. Will units take cover smartly and effeciently?

Yes as soon as they see a enemy vehicle or soldier they will take cover, the cover is pretty limited in the defense tho, only stone walls,busted vehicles,buildings,or contstructed sandbags, truly provide nice cover.

Ill play it somemore later and have some new screenies from online warfare.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I might be asking a bit much now, but I need to ask questions.

Effective ambushes? Do your units have a cone of vision?

Oh yeah, and mortar teams. How many can you have? I'm thinking of 30 is what I'd like.

Whats to stop people from setting up 5 MG-42's and camping?

Lucky man, having the beta D:

Best answers
Nothing is to stop them from setting up the mg49's and camping, except for flanking, you use 1 squad to distract them under cover and take them from behind with a grenade or recoiless rifle. Or if you have the resources for it pull out a air strike, artillery strike etc, but if they do camp with a mg249 just use a tank, they made the tanks invulnerable to anything that wouldn't of harmed them back then, the only thing iv seen able to kill tanks is multiple grenades, recoiless rifles, or other tanks, also mines.

Yes your units have a cone of vision, but your vision is unlimited till the fog of war, so it hardly matters they will see what you see till the fog is clear, other then that its a cone.

As for mortar teams i dunno i haven't played online yet i will later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom