Company of Heroes

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Has anyone played this game yet? If not then I strongly recommend picking this up.

Delivering a visceral WWII gaming experience, Company of Heroes redefines the RTS genre bringing the sacrifice of heroic soldiers, war-ravaged environments, and dynamic battlefields to life. Beginning with the D-Day Invasion of Normandy, players lead squads of Allied soldiers into battle against the German War Machine through some of the most pivotal battles of WWII. Through a rich single player campaign, players experience the cinematic intensity, courage and bravery of ordinary soldiers thrust into extraordinary events.
Yes, it's another World War 2 game, but one worth picking up in my opinion.

This game is very difficult as you are forced to resort to actual strategies and tactics, rather than rushing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In My opinion it's one of the most crappiest WW2 Games ever :/
I don't like that kind of graphics in Rts games..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find this game very entertaining, great graphics too, very strategic, I simply love it, the missions are excellent, and have you seen how far you can zoom in, this game is the best rts WWII game I've ever seen and played, I give it a 9/10.

the graphics are probably that of the quality of CoD1, maybe better....I'm not totally sure what he means though with the "type".

Xenon

X
In My opinion it's one of the most crappiest WW2 Games ever :/
I don't like that kind of graphics in Rts games..
Oh, so you're more of a Command and Conquer type of guy, where simply the size of your force determines the outcome of the battle.

I found this game to be quite entertaining, and as many have said, the best WWII RTS I've ever played. The graphics are simply amazing (assuming you have a rig that can run it with all settings maxed out. My Geforce 7800 GT runs it like an absolute dream), the sounds in the game truly bring you to believe you're on a world war 2 battlefield, and the gameplay is astounding. The game actually requires you to use strategy, rather than just build a massive force and hope the other guy doesn't have as many guys as you. You can even win a battle with 4-5 units, if you're careful and know what you're doing.

Your squads (Yes, squads. You don't send in individual units, but squads) will move in a realistic fashion, and the AI controlling them seems pretty damn good. When under fire, your troops will automatically move to the nearest available cover, shielding them from the direction of incoming fire.

If you want to read more, I suggest you read my review on GameFAQs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/review/R105559.html

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, so you're more of a Command and Conquer type of guy, where simply the size of your force determines the outcome of the battle.
Bingo :D

I like Tiberian sun or Ra2 styled graphics for RTS..
..or why not for other games too :D

What kind of graphics?
from my understanding they are COD2 graphics, so i want it to be a bit Darky or 2d Graphics with 3d detailed objects.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game is one of the first RTS to include normal mapping and specular mapping. Every soldier has animated faces.

This game is one of my favourites so far. There are so many ways a battle can play out, even with small skirmishes. Will I move my troops to cover, or leave them in the high ground? Tag teaming tanks is a remarkable feat too.

And Legendary, you CANNOT base a game off its graphics, especially if its an RTS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes i know, but as i said, i don't even like coh, and tiberian sun is from year 1999 and has imo just so much better graphics :D
the most part of game what attracts me is the gameplay, and i don't like Coh system at all, it just isn't for me..

Best answers
I wanted to download the demo to test it out, but it's 1.8gb, so screw that..

WHy are demos so large lately? -_- I remember them being 30mb or something :s

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, In a year they have changed suddenly from 500mb to 1-2 gb :/
It's Because Technology Advances, so does the games, so these graphics and all the other stuff take alot memory..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Company of Heroes is one of my fav RTS games of all time, and my buddys and I play it all the time, and I'm sure we will for a long time to come.

Best answers
all nice and lovely.. but my videocard is much to slow...
and playing this game on low stats?... naaaawwww

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wanted to download the demo to test it out, but it's 1.8gb, so screw that..

WHy are demos so large lately? -_- I remember them being 30mb or something :s
The beta for SupCom is only 1.4 GB, and that includes pretty much the full multiplayer experience. Sadly, though, the days of 30 MB demos is long past.

CoH is a really awesome game, but it got a lot of flak from some of the forum members here that it was just a new DoW in a WWII setting. Some people even ignored it for being a WWII game. All without playing it, despite how much those of us who had played it said it kicked ass.

The only thing I'm not such a fan of is the insane amount of microing you have to do to effectively use your squads. I'm more a fan of manuevering units on a larger scale. In CoH, it's really hard to hit your opponent with something where he doesn't expect it if you're already fighting him on one front. If you send a squad, and aren't watching them, they can easily run into a pillbox and die without taking any action beyond hitting the dirt and getting pinned. The microing is a blessing and a curse. It allows for very dynamic battles, but at the same time limits that scale of the canflict. It would be simply awesome if you could give your units a strategy to use when they encounter a foe, like move to flank, or fall back and move around, depending on what you're trying to accomplish, rather than having to babysit them the whole time.

That and snipers. Snipers are a pain in the ass. If you can get your sniper into a building, any group of infantry not being micro'd will get shot to hell very fast.

CoH - lots of fun, but not worth the buy for me.

Best answers
it's also the first RTS to allow you to blow the smeg out of all the terian, enemy squad behind a row of bushes covered by a hmg nest, get a tank to run thru the bushes. every thing is distructable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom