Company of heroes Screenshot thread

Best answers
Now i don't have a screenshot yet as i have yet to see that perfect moment, i did see one but i was so awed by it i didn't hit printscreen, my men were pinned down by a MG42 meanwhile i had another unit flanking the others there were about 9 or 10 total nazi's supporting that mg42, 1 satchel charge later it was literally raining body parts i love this game!

The graphics are insane, and the story is just downright awesome, made by the makers of the great Warhammer 40k series who can'tlove this game? Screenshots to come soon =), post yours!

Example of the draw distance on full detail with my comp i got a minor slowdown here but i couldn't resist the sherman crocodile in the back flaming the krauts, priceless.

That is my Paradropped AT team, we came behind the enemy with these even when all hope was lost, early in the game they rushed us with a shiatload of panzers but my behind enemy lines saved our asses.

Tiny bombing run i did right before game ended, was a wasted 250 munition for 3 soldiers but fun to watch them fly!

Quick shot i took just because i thought this squad looked good moments before....

This happened..

They were chased up a hill pinned behind ammunition deposits and well, you see the results =P.

Best answers
Yeah i was skeptical at first over this but it is a awesome game, i to am sick of WW2 games but this one does it so well it isn't funny, by far one of if not the best ww2 game i have ever played.

Makes alot more sense to play as multiple soldiers then just 1 soldier aka call of duty.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AxMan, its an awesome game.

I'll post some medium-quality screens later.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Will post screenies here too once I install and play the full version, but DAMN the demo's awesome.

Best answers
You know you would think killing Nazis and saving the world would never get boring. But unfortunatly the WWII setting is far too overused.

But since this is a strategy game, and it looks drastically different from any other WWII game, I'mma give it a shot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're going into a SCREENSHOT thread to BASH the game, then don't post.
That means Moderator or otherwise.

Now the topic mentions something about screenshots so let's try and get back on track.

Best answers
Well back on topic then Artillery in the water, it looks like it is raining but trust me the only thing raining after this was bodies/parts.

This map is great close off the bridges and secure the middle water way and the tanks can't get through, so they have to assault you with soldiers. Sadly i didn't figure this out until they rolled 8 stugs up into my face ug.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Yes, it's DoW in a WWWII (the extra W is for WWWJD) setting, but it has been done in a very different way. Infantry are versatile, but can be suppressed and pinned by enemy fire. Vehicles are stronger, but require a good bit of micromanaging to get them to move around without having pathing problems with each other (something that needs to be fixed in a patch). I really like that weapons actually feel like they are doing a realistic amount of damage. Grenades kill, MGs mow down, and cover is very important if you're fielding infantry of any kind. On that note, the squad controls in this game are amazing.

The only thing I don't like is the Pause/Break key, which I now have to ween myself off of. I was using it to pause the game and manage all that was happening on the field at once. This isn't DoW where you can notice "Hey, my guys are being fired on over here, I guess I should do something about it before some of them die" it's more like "Hey, my guys are all pinned down and dying over here. ****."

Best answers
You get event notices about that tho, once you see unit sniped, unit pinned etc, hit space bar select the squad and retreat.

Unless the squad has fire up in that case give em hell!

Ah i see what map you are on now, singpleplayer campaign lvl 4 i believe it is, hold the church because townhall gets overrun until able company arrives, good map was tough but was easier once you saw how to do it when you won lol. I need to go back and redo it to get my 250 kill badge.

Best answers
Some pics i got of the omaha beach campaign lvl.

Cinematic at the start, but you will see that it changes from cinematic to game and it looks close to the same.

Draw distance looking at the kraut bunkers.

Ingame cinematic of a artillery missing the captain.

Final shot of the bunker trenches before ending the level.

The pictures got bugged on the left side because i didn't close the picture out before alt tabbing back in the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The screen shots look interesting, but I hope the game plays well.

Best answers
Everwondered what a tank infront of a church full of nazi's looked like?

Something like this, i love it how i caught the guy falling out of the window haha.

When you have really long battles against the axis, they send alot of armor at you, and well when you win the battlefield is forever marked with your victory.

Lots of lots of german engineering lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, these levels take alot of time to clear. Lots of tank parts strewn around the levels.

I particularily like when my mortars or artillery land right at a guy's feet. I had a nice shot of a guy going in 4 different directions up from his boots, but then I accidentally hit print-screen and lost it.

Best answers
I was just on i believe campaign lvl 7 when you have to destroy the axis HQ at the top of the docks, and there were these axis like 4 squads of grenadiers that is 24 soldiers full upgraded waiting on my men to pass. I have found a good combo as allies, 1 sherman tank 2 squads of riflemen upgraded tank takes the tank blasts from axis, 1 sticky bomb and 1 tank shot= main gun out, then it is just all up to time after that, so it is what i did the entire lvl.

Hell the riflemen squad can take out a stug with 2 sticky bombs, i love how it seems so unbalanced it is just allies take alot more strategy then axis.

They kept trying to pass the bridge but my 3 squads of riflemen, and 1 squad with a german anti tank gun to the side said no, i also had 4 tanks on the way haha i love this game.

Anyone have a better image hosting site? Photobucket keep resizing them to 800/600 when im saving in 1280/1024?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imageshack.us perhaps? I don't know if they resize things though; I just use my uni web hosting.

I remember that part, I think I had 3 AT-guns and a pair of mortar teams, plus a sniper camo'd on the other side to scout the approaching tanks for the AT-guns and spot for artillery (ship guns = teh sehks). Just wait until you get the 105mm howitzers...

How do you like the multiplayer? Or have you... not tried it yet? o_o

Best answers
Multiplayer is fun, but people kind of abuse snipers in it, i prefer facing a comp on hardest difficulty, they send armors snipers squads etc, not just 1 thing.

People wondering how the game plays out can check out ign's video review, also i checked out the axis commander video and omg they get a bomb? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom