Comp shuts down

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So Im on my comp and everything is fine. Well the weird thing is when i play ESF my computer shutsdown all together. Now this thing happens randomly. It could be 5 minutes when Im playing, it could be 5 hours but it happens and has been happening for a long time. First I thought it was my computer getting to hot, so I blew all my computer components to get rid of the dust. It still happend. Even when its cold outside at night it happens. I don't know what could be causing it but it only happens when I play ESF. Anyway to fix it?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Check your PSU and any fans or other cooling that your computer uses. A similar situation happened to me before when the fan on my PSU died.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
does your computer tower starts to "roar" or make noise, like its working too hard?

I've had this happen 2 or 3 times, might be a mother board, problem, but i had to send it in and get it fixed, they just sent us new towers...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No it doesn't make any weird noises at all..... Actually it seems happy. But what I don't understand is why it happens when im playing ESF. I've played other games and its done nothing. Is there a file that would cause this?

Best answers
Does your computer turn off or freeze? Mine used to freeze sometimes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's freezing during processes, then it's probably a heat problem. Open your computer, check your fans. Make sure they are working well, make sure they aren't dusty. If they aren't working well, buy some new ones, if they are working fine, then check your heatsink. Chances are it's completley saturated with dust. Clean it out (obviously), if none of the above applies, then it's not a heat problem, and I don't know :eek:.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Before I cleaned anything my computer whould just turn off randomly while playing ESF. All of a sudden it would just shut off. I cleaned my fans and power supply and it seems to be ok. But Im still curious is there is a file or something on ESF that could cause my computer to just shutoff? Or was that just a heat problem?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There shouldn't be any kind of file or error that ESF should throw that would cause your computer to spontaneously shut down. If you cleaned up your fans and PSU and the problem disappeared, then they must have been the source. It's good to keep those clean anyway; the cleaner they are the longer your hardware lasts.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I never knew that a computer could spontaneously shutoff when it gets too hot. I thought it would make a weird noise or something first. And another weird thing is why ESF? It didn't happen to any other games nor did it happen when I was browsing the net. It only happned on ESF.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
maby you have a trojan
Nah. I use Anti-Vir which is a major kick ass program. And I don't think a torjan would only cause ESF to cause my computer to shut down unless EVO/EVM did that to ruin ESF

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom