Comp 6 Knight

Best answers
Heres my Knight for the contest, very early WIP but its coming along.

Got a scan of some designs too.

Render, although im not 100% if I like the idea of the hood type thing from the mail armor thingy.

1.6k tri at the min, I just messed with the hood trying to give it more shape.

Best answers
Under there somewhere, i've gota get some more shape in there I know.

Best answers
I believe the hood is way too small to fit on a human head proportionate to his body. Also, yes, continue adding shape, because he looks incredibly rectangular.

Best answers
Ah too small, so thats what is throwing my eye off.

Ok new renders, hows the shape and the hood?

Hmm maybe the hood isn't deep enough.

I'll keep working on geting the overall shape right etc

Time to take a break and play a game lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the hood's not wide enough. IMO, a good hood starts somewhere on the shoulders so it's not too tight and will actually cover your head. If you know what I mean.

Best answers
X said:
I think the hood's not wide enough. IMO, a good hood starts somewhere on the shoulders so it's not too tight and will actually cover your head. If you know what I mean.
Ah yeah good point, didn't think about that.

Thanks mate, i'll get more work done sometime tonight and update.

Thanks again for comments people :D

Best answers
I'm not any expert artist so do not follow my drawover. It is there to illustrate my point.

Not the greatest ever, I know, but you realize he looks really boxy. There should be some sort of variation to his width. Maybe it's because I'm a tad skinny but there definitely should be an obvious difference between his waist and his torso. For the hood... think about if you were flipping that over. A person's head would have to be pretty small for your current one.

Although my drawing skills are bad, consider what I said, and I'm not perfect so someone can tell me if what I said is wrong.

Best answers
The hood isn't cloth, its the mail armor (I think its called) that was worn under armor etc. It was only a small hood and was pretty tight to the head of the wearer.

Im still puting in shape, im just geting the overall shapes done like I did with the para model then I tweak things.

Thanks for the advise again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could you post a wireframe?

Best answers
Course, heres the wires.I tweaked the model so its different from the above render.

Sorry if my wires or anything are crap, im still geting used to human modeling.

Edit XD : More tweaking, Tri count is 1.9k without my cleaning up.

I think i'll take a break and get the sword done.

Edit 2 : Ok rough up of the sword done, going to add more to the blade once I know how many polys I have left later.

4am..to bed I go!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He definetly needs shape. It looks like a rounded mech atm.

Humans need posture and definition. There are many a ways to model a human, fat people, skinny people, short people, tall people. If your person was a knight, surely he would be muscular?

Right now, he looks like he buffeted Wendys. Skinny the body width-wise, and shove posture into him. A front / side view could bring you drawover's easier.

Other than that, it pwns.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its a chainmail armor ppl, he doesnt really need that much shape >.<

though i admit it could use a little more shaping but with the chain mail its all pretty baggy cuz the armor has to be able to stretch when the warrior for example bows or looks up...

Best answers
Yeah thats the armor under the cloth type thing I have on top so its hard geting the right balance.

But i'll keep working on it and get some more shots up, plus a front and side for draw overs.

Thanks for all comments again lads.

Edit again lol : I pulled in the waist quite alot, but maybe a draw over will clear it up. Sorry if im wasting peoples time, im really not used to human modeling yet =/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>_________________________<

leave things like belt buckles to the skin!

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
>_________________________<

leave things like belt buckles to the skin!
Lol! you know what im like, im a detail whore XD

But yeah i'll take it out if I need the spare polys lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom