Community Project: Operation Tien

Status
Not open for further replies.
whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably not, we can make and skin the model and just leave the rest to them?

@Eclipse:

Did you end up making that chioazu model?

@Dusteh

We can just tweak the major ones that get used all the time, swoops/runs/generic attacks/melee.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So will Tien have the animatet eye ? the third eye

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The third eye does have it's own bones, whether or not the animayors choose to use them is a differnt matter.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so the Thid eye will just be open all the time ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...read my post, it might or it might not be, it depends if the animators went to the effort.

I had a chat to Kama this morning regarding skinning and certain details he uses in his style, mainly facial stuff and over all things i can fix up, I made a bit of progress and things looked good I'll post some pics when im happy with it.

Best answers
I have a feeling Eclipse won't be happy forking a model around another models skeleton. He wouldn't do it for Tien.

tbh, it would look **** anyway. I say finish Tien, be glad you got THAT much done, and wash your hands of the whole thing. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But then it would all be for nothing. The reason everyone's worked towards Tien is to see him in 1.3, and if Chiaotzu doesn't get completed then all the effort will have gone to waste.

The sad truth is that if Clipseh won't make a Chiaotzu to conform to Guldo's skeleton then I guess we'll have to find another modeller who will. Unless the animators want to do a custom skele for him.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LegendarY said:
here is Kurliln in the game

Ravendust you can use the skeletrom from this model of kurilin it look's like a chazo maybe some small adjusments

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No we can't there arn't enough bones, and the animations are **** (compared to 1.3 standard.)

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but you can modofi it right to make it more faster ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has nothing to do with speed, on that skeleton all the animations would have to be redone anyway, so we may aswell make a new one and do it from scratch.

The idea here is saving time. Therefore if we use guldos skeleton we skip the long anmation progress and we can spend tme tweaking existing animations to make him appear as if on a different rig than guldo.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but the team sayid that they will wait for Tien and Chazo so all the effort will not gone to waste

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm with Wheres_ on this. Getting Tien himself animated was and is a ***** to do. Now, Chaozu, being a Buddy, doesn't need nearly as many animations, but it would benefit us all if Guldo's skeleton was used and tweaked.

Best answers
Ohh and uhhh Kenny-DK your pumping out animations left and right dude. YOur fast.
Thanks man! I just whonna be sure that Tien get ready in time!

I am working one the rest of the tumble animations right now, (All most done with the tumble_left:D) but I'm allready thinking on new animations. What aboute the change_long, change_normal and change_finish? Do they have to be animated to?? since tien dosen't changeo_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If Tek isn`t gonna do it THAN I wouldn`t mind modeling chaotzu

Best answers
What makes you think buddys have so few animations Shiyojin, we both test, we know they basically have the same set. (Especially if/when they get included in melee)

I'm just saying, finish Tien, see where you're at before you start planning out, "we're gonna do this **** here, then this ****". It's taken you forever to do Tien, and it'll take just as long for the rest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ShadyD said:
If Tek isn`t gonna do it THAN I wouldn`t mind modeling chaotzu
Go for it, I wouldn't mind skinning it to if thats cool?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll Wait and see if Tek is up for the job, he is a much better modeler than me so :yes:

Best answers
It's taken you forever to do Tien, and it'll take just as long for the rest
I don't hope so! If that's true, Tien will mabey not get in 1.3:cry:

I whon't let that happen! So here is the tumble_left and tumble_left_recover animation (Took me hell of alot time, so I hope you like it!) video.. I'll make the tumble_right + recover as soon as I can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom