Best answers
Ok, a couple of things I want you to keep in mind before making comments:

-I wanted this site to be fast loadable for everyone (56k users too).
-Wanted to keep the site to the point not only about the layout but also for the info itself.

The link to the site is www.dbnetwork.tk

56k users, please tell me if it loads fast enough
Please tell me if you think I could improve the layout in any way

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tis crappy. a sit isnt supposed to be all visuals but it helps if u have some. the site is boring the color is very ugly and it looks like it was done in notepad

Best answers
site is boring is just your opinion, if you don't like anime you will find it boring, also keep in mind I only asked about the layout and not for what's on it, if you would look further than index page you could see how many days the site has been online.

the color is very ugly, you are somewhat the first who says that the color is ugly :s

I can agree with more visuals, but I don't want to make it to big, otherwise the poor little 56k users and slow broadband connections are gonna have a ****ty time to load the page, had this before with another site, and only ppl with like T1 could view it :p

Don't fk with notepad ;), done it in dreamweaver and notepad, if it is a small bit of script needing to be added or changed I aint gonna load dreamweaver again :p

Best answers
Its too basic, the table boarder widths arn't even changed but nice effort :p

Best answers
AHH MY EYES!
Switching from dark red to light blue that fast really hurt them. lol j/k. :fight: ;)
I think that its ok like i said i think it could use a few different colors. The banner thing at the top looks kinda weird basically its hard to see some stuff on the site, but hey nothings perfect keep it up :)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like it that much. It looks like parts of the site are completely missing. You should work with it more.

Best answers
@Pommy: ok changed the tables a bit, hope you like them better now :)
@Amitron: Haha, is weird yeh to switch from this dark red to my light blue, on another forum I had these 2 colours combined in my sig and the mods started to complain it hurt their eyes when they scrolled down fast :p, I will keep it up, thx for your comment.
@Greentaco: It has only been put online yesterday, for friends so they would stop asking me for anime links and to check out the layout, and because they liked it, they like a lot because they can't do it themselves, I wanted to ask "pro's" for comments

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
keep in mind I only asked about the layout and not for what's on it, if you would look further than index page you could see how many days the site has been online.
u are contradicting yourself here.u wanted a judgement on layout but then say to look whats on the site. i based my decision on how the layout looked. which u wanted right? and im saying the layout is boring not the site. its very plain. u should really think about using invisible tables instead of the ones u have. those tables bring down the overal layout not to mention look very wierd. your banner isnt very good and your statistics should be at the bottom somewhere. when i go to a site im really not ganna care how much traffic the site pulls in. and for your navigation u should try connecting all of them into one big table. this way u get a more solid design

Best answers
1m4 0wn y0 455 said:
u are contradicting yourself here.u wanted a judgement on layout but then say to look whats on the site. i based my decision on how the layout looked. which u wanted right? and im saying the layout is boring not the site. its very plain. u should really think about using invisible tables instead of the ones u have. those tables bring down the overal layout not to mention look very wierd. your banner isnt very good and your statistics should be at the bottom somewhere. when i go to a site im really not ganna care how much traffic the site pulls in. and for your navigation u should try connecting all of them into one big table. this way u get a more solid design
Sorry, understood you wrong.The stats block I just put there to "finish" the layout, otherwise it would be an empty corner, or the menu would be taken up, both would be ugly imo.connecting them into 1 table, I was thinking about that, but chose to stay with what I have always used, seperate menu's for different subjects.I will try to make a better looking banner.

Best answers
Yes it is fast but try to make the site waaaay better

Best answers
Good to know it's fast, but plz tell me how to make it much better so I can think about it when I'm working on it again tomorrow.

Best answers
It looks better now that the borders don't look default. Try making all the colours around the same like you have the browser scroll bar blue, try to make it match the background of the page and make the border colors around the same shade too. The labels above each menu don't really fit it very well and since the text style property were not changed it doesn't looks too good to me. Overall it needs something to fill the blank space I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom