Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gamers awoke on Valentine's Day to find Electronic Arts has a completely different shade of red in mind with the announcement of the next edition of the Red Alert RTS franchise. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 brings gamers back to a world where history went a little differently thanks to time-travel technology run amok. According to the announcement, the new game will boast the kind of over-the-top storytelling the franchise is noted for as well as a brand-new campaign co-op mode. The game is planned for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 releases.

The original Red Alert game (released in 1996) posited a very different World War II caused when Adolf Hitler is assassinated by Albert Einstein in the 1920s. The 2000 follow-up, Red Alert 2 and its expansion packs, moved the timeframe up to the early 1990s when an aggressive Soviet Russia launches an attack on the continental United States. The plotline of Red Alert 3 appears to continue this time-travel theme. When the collapsing Soviet Union tries to use time-travel technology to reverse its decline, it drastically alters the world's timeline. The result is an earth upon which World War III is raging between the Allies, Russia and the game's new faction, The Empire of the Rising Sun.

<A HREF="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6294/ra3announcement21203013om9.jpg">
</A>

Red Alert 3 also looks to be following the traditions of its predecessors by giving players the opportunity to wield some of the wildest and weirdest weaponry ever devised by scouring historical archives and positing what might happen if all of the out-there ideas like the Philadelphia Experiment and Tesla's designs had actually translated into effective weapons. According to the release, players can expect to fight with and against "Tesla coils, heavily-armed War Blimps, teleportation, armored bears, intelligent dolphins, floating island fortresses and transforming tanks." The game also looks to place renewed emphasis on naval combat, traditionally one of the series' weakest points. A public beta is planned for Summer 2008 but no firm date for the beta nor an official release date for Red Alert 3 has been given.
Source: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/command-conquer-red-alert-3/852243p1.html
Screenshots: http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/718/718380/imgs_1.html

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I always prefered the Red Alert universe over the Tiberium one so yay :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always preferred Tiberium universe over Red Alert... :/

Basically, it looks just like c&c 3, but with different models. C&C 3 wasn't really that good, so i don't think this either will be.

Best answers
**** yeah, Red Alert was one of the first computer games I ever fell in love with to the point where I'd stay up all through the night just because I lost track of time playing.

I'm gonna go jerk one off now

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TESLA TANKS! <3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tight.

+goes back to playing SupCom+

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HORDE OF MAMMOTH TANKS FTW, WATCH OUT!!!

Best answers
They mention a new faction as well, I can only hope Yuri makes a return.

I serve Yuri!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yuri can't make an return because if you play either allied or soviet, yuri loses at the campaign.

Yuri sucks anyway - they are for lamers who can't play properly without rushing with mind controlling, or just base camp with mind control towers. Gg.

Best answers
Yuri can't make an return because if you play either allied or soviet, yuri loses at the campaign.

Yuri sucks anyway - they are for lamers who can't play properly without rushing with mind controlling, or just base camp with mind control towers. Gg.
That's bull. Yuri's faction just offer a different style of paly and add element and demention to the game play. It's simple really, it's not that hard to find counters to Yuris's units, it's not like they are overpowered as each faction had their strong and weak points.

I could say for example that the Chronosphere gave the allied factions a wide advantage, you could explore the map and then teleport a MCV near an ore field to increase your economy.

The Cloning vats gives the abillity for a Yuri army gives you the advantage for numbers and the Soviets have their Iron Curtain to give their tanks immunity to damage for a peroid of time. To say that Yuri's army was unbalanced is a bit of a misconception when in regular RA2 some would of argured and said that Soviet had a huge advantage with the use of the two normal supers weapons nad the Cloning Vats.
Here's to EA not ****ing this one up.
let's hope so.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, because C&C3 doesn't crash every 5 min.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its on the 360 too, beta bundled with CNC3: Kanes Wrath

I tried getting on to play CNC3 on live yesterday, but no1 plays it anymore, I couldnt find any games. Sux.

I never got a chance to play any of the red alerts. Are they fast paced?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Milking of the Franchise continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom