Command & Conquer 3!!!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Image Source: http://www.planetcnc.com

So what do all of you think? Personally I'm really excited that they are making a sequel, the only problem I have with it is that it is being developed by EA Games, so we can only hope that they do not make it like Generals.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
meh, I liked the red alert branch more then the tiberium stuff
anyway, C&C games were always good (well at least 1&2 were great)
Hopefully this one wont be crap

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why don't you like Generals? Generals requires a lot of strategic thinking compared to all previous C&C games. The point being is that even a smaller army made a difference if you your opponent had a bigfger army, and depending on what type of units they were, the better smaller army with good untis and what not could pwn someone's big ass army depending on what choice of units you made.

C&C 3 looks pretty promising, I only hope that they include naval units (that can be built) in this one (Of course, there are mods avalible for Zero hour that can give you naval units and such but the units aren't so great or it is very buggy).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
meh, I liked the red alert branch more then the tiberium stuff
anyway, C&C games were always good (well at least 1&2 were great)
Hopefully this one wont be crap
I don't know. They both had something the other had, and as such, I liked them both. I can't wait for this one.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
General Overlord said:
Why don't you like Generals? Generals requires a lot of strategic thinking compared to all previous C&C games. The point being is that even a smaller army made a difference if you your opponent had a bigfger army, and depending on what type of units they were, the better smaller army with good untis and what not could pwn someone's big ass army depending on what choice of units you made.
I meant that the story line was terrible (if it had one) in Generals; I used to play Generals all the time.

Hopefully EA will release more information about C&C: 3.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh. They need to let the series die already.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
More pictures.

It's funny to think that the ingame graphics will look better than the original C&C's pre-rendered movies.

Best answers
how do you know those arnt ingame movies...although i think they are actual game play too heh

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't Westwood gone? I hate to see the over-worked people from E.A. make this.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
General Overlord said:
Welcome to the strategy genre.

I was quite satisfied when I played RA2. That kept me entertained for a full day before I moved on to better things. Generals was the worst, but by the time I had played generals, I had already experienced Medieval: Total War and then later, Rome: Total War. Those games are the shiznit compared to C&C. But anyways, I might keep an eye on this, and hope that they make a dramatic recovery from their horrid creation known as Generals.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks pretty sweet, it also looks way too good for my computer to handle. :p

Well, i've never been that into the command and conquer series, but if it comes out after Supreme Commander (i'm upgrading my computer for this one), then I might check it out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's lame. Generals was the best one. Don't hate on the ownage, man.

This will obviously be damn good. It's pretty hard to screw up a Command and Conquer game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spunky said:
Welcome to the strategy genre.

I was quite satisfied when I played RA2. That kept me entertained for a full day before I moved on to better things. Generals was the worst, but by the time I had played generals, I had already experienced Medieval: Total War and then later, Rome: Total War. Those games are the shiznit compared to C&C. But anyways, I might keep an eye on this, and hope that they make a dramatic recovery from their horrid creation known as Generals.
I don't need a welcoming.

I use play RA2/YR a lot when I was younger, and when you come around to thinking about it, no other previous C&C release has been as strategic as Generals/Zero Hour. Though RA2/YR were fun, I just don't find them all that great in comparision to Generals or Zero Hour. The one good thing about Yuri's Revenge was Yuri's army, as you could easily get all three technologies of Yuri, Allied & soviet if you had allies that were an Allied or Soviet based army. The only thing I dislike is that for each of the Allied or Soviet countries special produced units in RA2/YR is that they never really did anything to massively make any difference or mainly because In the end I really didn't bother with them (& If I did I really didn't notice much of a impact on the outcome of the game).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
That's lame. Generals was the best one. Don't hate on the ownage, man.

This will obviously be damn good. It's pretty hard to screw up a Command and Conquer game.
Ten bucks Jack Thompsan could :p

Looks pretty toight. I still probably have the longest game name - Command and Conquer: Red alert Retaliation :p

I loved that game (till my bastage friend took it back D: )

So, I'm definately going to watch this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom