Come advise a spaceship design

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'm planning on modeling a spaceship and thought it would be nice to see what kind of ship other people here like. I don't plan on copying anyship or anything like that, but I plan on drawing a ship with your ideas added, before modeling it.

Feel free to put up pics of all kinds

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you want ideas that make the design feasible or just something that looks good?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Something that looks good, wether it's simple or complex.

In the end, I may turn it into a cartoonish or anime'ish look.

edit--- SOMETHING THAT IS FEASIBLE is what I meant..I'm looking for quality good stuff =p not something thats "just O K"

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In that case, just don't give it any fins.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm personally fond of very hi-tech looks - sharp lines, lots of mechanical details (thruster vents, missile/laser ports, hover pads, you know, flashy stuff. :3

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Hrm.. a hover engine space craft?

edit--- thrusters is what I was thinking about

Edit2--- OH and its* a 1 seater

mmk.. no fins .. thruster(s).. hi tech look.. 1 seater...

Glass windshiled thingy?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depending on how technologically advanced the ship is, thrusters really shouldn't even be included unless it uses ion drives. If it does use ion drives, which are really only a step above rocket boosters, it'd probably need fins if you plan on allowing it to reenter our atmosphere. If it had some kind of anti-gravity propulsion, fins and (visible) thrusters wouldn't be required since it's essentially bending space around it, making stalling a thing of the past, and the engine and everything that goes with it would be within the vessel.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Hrm.. thx Nix

When i think about anti-grav I only think of "saucer shaped" ships..

or massive shuttle ships with 4 anti grav panels.

hrm..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the "flying saucer" is pretty much the worst shape you can make a vessel and it offers absolutely no advantages or benefits over our standard aircraft. It's the engine's capabilities that make the ship what it is. So basically, you can make the ship whatever shape you like, because the anti-gravity drive basically negates everything that would destroy a vessel or spacecraft if it was flying on Earth and shaped like...a rhombus or something.

Personally, I'm fond of the rounded triangle shape. Make a triangle, round out the edges and voila. You have yourself something sleek, sexy and ready for action. Since you're only doing this for modeling purposes, I won't go over what kind of hardware the ship could possess, but know that having all types of weaponry directly outside the ship would be a bad move. Take a look at the F-22, for example. All of it's weaponry is within the ship itself. When it's time to rock and roll, the missile bay opens and fires, then closes.

That might take away from the "coolness" factor, though, so I don't know. People like seeing all kinds of whacky gadgetry on space ships, even if it makes the ship impractical.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
xD I was thinking of the exact same shape...

triangularly rounded @ the tip.. but I may make it abit blocky and stubby somehow to try and make it cartoony/anime'ish

the ship is for a kid =p so the proportions may be adjusted too.

--- a kid in size ---

Any pics for the kida ship u like nix? I'm alredy drawing 1 now

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
xD I was thinking of the exact same shape...

triangularly rounded @ the tip.. but I may make it abit blocky and stubby somehow to try and make it cartoony/anime'ish

the ship is for a kid =p so the proportions may be adjusted too.

--- a kid in size ---

Any pics for the kida ship u like nix? I'm alredy drawing 1 now
It depends. Are you looking for how a ship would actually be designed, with today or near-today's technology? Or magic, anything-goes technology?

If you're talking about realistic technology, keep in mind:

The design for a ship which needs the ability to re-enter a planet's atmosphere is completely different than a ship that doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom