Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DARKNESS:

I beleive that the fire is under env_sprite. But I'm not sure.

LOCAL SHOP:

You have to compile the maps!!!! Help => Help topics => getting started will explain how to set up compile progs

Worldcraft saves them as .rmf
The compilers make them in to other files, you need to at least run QBSP, QCSG, and VIS to run the map if you haven't done this THEY WILL NEVER RUN. Only run QRAD if you have light sources in your map (Which you should!)

If you can open your completed map in world craft (the one you cut and pasted), it is not compiled.

"The map needs to be in the C: \Sierra\Halflife\ESForces\Maps directory.

In the Build Programs Tab of the Options Screen go down to the last one and put that in as the directory.

When you compile put these perameters in the "additional game perameters" text box (cut -n- paste time chilrun!)

-dev -console -game ESForces"

Did you do the steps above?

Best answers
here to save you some time go to this site and download the hlcc. its a compiler and will work alot better than the wc compiler which was made for quake maps not halflife. so use this and you should get some results. so go here http://www.valve-erc.com/
and while you at there get Zonners half-life tools. and if you cant find them give me your icq # and ill send them to ya. one thing I have a firewall so I have to send them though AIM. so you sn or icq # will work.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I DID IT I DID IT!!!! WOOHOOO if any of u have some maps icq em to me 145571610 i is going out in 10 min but ill leave net onTHANKS 4 HELP

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Right i made a map but i got shit wads there are hardley any with esf .When i tried using bliss of dod it didnt work is there any other way of getting wads?

Best answers
not sure ask cucumba on that one what kind of map are ya making

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
dunno ive been making boxes so far as tests of various things ive not done much cuz i went out tonight

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i found out how, in wc goto your options where u add the texture wads,delete them all go out of wc take all wads from other mods and place them in esf directory then go back in wc and then add then all from esf and it works!!!!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom