Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ok u r a mapper so u might know this ,,,,on worldcraft i am trying to make a esf level i get everything ok until i try to play it through esf (because worldcraft dont let you) but once i copy it and put it in the esf maps folder then go to make a game on a lan to play it ,it doesnt come up in the list,it did the first time i tried and thats it,ive tried changing the name to esf_mapname.bsp and i dont work please tell me what u have to do....thanks.

Best answers
I am having the exact same problem (by the way shop you do realise no one will answer this?)

Best answers
I get that problem sometimes too. Normaly I will just check and make sure I have all the right entities in. If you dont have a info_playerstart or info_player_deathmatch that problem will happen. so double check your entities and if it doesnt work post here again.

Best answers
i have the following in my map

1. info evil start
2. info good start
3. sensu bean
4. info intermisson
5. trigger camera

do i need a info player deathmatch as well?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need info_player_deathmatch and info_playerstart. Player start could be omitted, but you should keep the DM start (and put in at least as many as you think there will be people playing devided by 2, maximum 8 or so) If you don't you cant play the map w/o teams. If you put in too little start points you get telefrags up the wazzoo. What's a telefrag? If you don't know you shouldn't be playing much less mapping llama! :) (JK)

The map needs to be in the C: \Sierra\Halflife\ESForces\Maps directory.

In the Build Programs Tab of the Options Screen go down to the last one and put that in as the directory.

When you compile put these perameters in the "additional game perameters" text box (cut -n- paste time chilrun!)

-dev -console -game ESForces

Voila!

Should solve yer problems. I used to Map for doom Waaaaay back in the day, and I must admit that worldcraft is a bit, er tricky, if you don't read every tutorial.

:)

Best answers
i have console and game esforces just not dev in the compiler

Best answers
one last thing i assume light environment is a way of lighting the whole map with a single light entity or how do i do this

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still tring to figure out sky boxes.

It involves making a box with no bottom at the top of the map (the limits of your sky) the Light_Enviroment entity is applied to the brushes' surfaces that have the sky textures on them.

Try looking at the tutorials here or here.

If you find out how to do it before I do PM me and let me know how it works. I'll do the same in reverse. ;D

Light_ambient lights the map without a lightsource too. This would be the proper one to use without a skybox.

Best answers
okay so it turns out that you need to add an info_playerstart entity. the info_evil and info_goodstart are just like having a info_dm entity in. so you really dont need to add the info_dm just put the info_playerstart in and it should work

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Good i was away the day it all was explained but i is back now and yes i did have info_deathmatch when it worked thanks for your help people!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Im soooooo happy to announce that MINE STILL DONT ****ING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what are u doing are u changing the name or something?????? can someone please put the steps down from what i put into my map to if i have to change name to esf_fgdezhgdzfh.bsp or things like that PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No need to change your map name go up through my posts and make sure you did everything. Then make sure (again) that the map is in C: \Sierra\Half Life\ESForces\Maps

If you still have problems you may have to re DL ESF and reinstall b/c you shouldn't have problems then.

Did you compile the map by hitting F9, it sounds like you just changed the extention to .bsp.

If U didn't compile, do you have the compile progs in as the build programs?

Answers, man, can only be given with more info.

Best answers
in the map i have

1.info good start
2.info evil start
3.info player start
4.info deathmatch start
5.trigger camera (dunno if this does anythin to help)

thats all its placed in all the same configs and the build progs as you the ones i showed you anyway so thats all the help i can give ya cucumbas better at this than i am though

Cucumba how do you add a fire effect like on esf_icelake this is stuff i used to know but forgot its very irritating.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
STILL NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!! do u change map name to anything also how do u put it in esf i copy then paste also in wc what kind of map do u save it as?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
when i go to run it that screen thing that tells u u have leaks comes up and says cannot open c/sierra/halflife/esforces/mapname!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ffs it only ever happens to me

Best answers
leaks mean that there are gaps in your level so try and find them and seal them up you have to make sure the map is compiled straight in to the esforces maps files dont compile it somewhere else and then copy an dpaste there are no specific names for the maps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom