Best answers
Hey, I'm doing some sketches and I want to know how I could Color them in PS7.0

I've seen dudemans attempts and it looks quite easy.

Thanks,
Seph

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the easyest way is to take toyr pen tol and set a path for each part (eyes, nose, hair, boddy, face, ect...) then color those pieces in one at a time using the airbrush tool. alot fo the work is smudging and bluring aswell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
misspelling i typed to fast. i meant to sat "your pen tool" not toyr pen tol

Best answers
Start by scanning your linework in black and white. It's up to you how to handle it: You could either sketch and ink a hardcopy for scanning, or scan your rough and trace over it in photoshop. Whatever you find easier. There is some contention on what you could do next. Some people prefer a very clean line, so if you have Adobe Streamline you could import the scan into Streamline and essentially vectorize it, which will smooth a great deal of the imperfections created by the hand. I actually like the look of rough lines, so I leave those in. Whatever you do, make sure the linework is black and white and set it to the top layer in Photoshop. Change the layer's blending mode to "multiply" which makes all the white areas transparent. For the coloring bit, make separate layers for each base color. In other words: "Skin, Hair, Pants, etc." Make sure you clearly label each layer, it will save you a lot of agravation later. Color each area the base color, making sure to stick to each color's designated layer. You can use paths to define an area and fill it, but I would suggest doing it manually with the paintbrush or airbrush tool. The practice will make you better with a mouse or stylus. From there you add details as necessary .

For a more detailed description, check the tutorials on this page:
www.sijun.com. I don't like this guy's drawing style per se, but his talent for coloring is awe-inspiring. And his grasp of composition and lighting is very impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom