collision/explosion effects?

Best answers
I'm not sure if you've been workin on it or if it was suggested already but, ESF always felt just not so DBZish in terms of destruction.
I mean that The explosion/collision should have a horizontal dust wave along the ground
i mean something like in this vid on 0:18-0:20
[video=youtube;FE1EpD0PK80]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE1EpD0PK80[/video]
Some time ill get esf and show u what i ment.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That wave only apeared because there were multiple explosions. Had it been a single one you wouldnt see that wave.

And as much as i recall 1.2.3 doesnt have those waves on the ground o_O

Or were you talking about 1.3?

Best answers
i ment ill make one D:
And for the vertical one, i saw the POTW and i assumed it had one. Since some time ago i had a similar sprite for it.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And for the vertical one, i saw the POTW and i assumed it had one. Since some time ago i had a similar sprite for it.
Thats actually a sprite. Itll rotate 90° to allways face you straight. Meaning if you are looking straight down youll see a horizontal wave and if you are looking on the horizontal line youll see a vertical wave ^^

Best answers
Yeah thats the one i had. However i was thinkin for the horizontal one to be made out of dust, just like the good old powerup, transformation dust/water wave but on a bit larger scale

Best answers
I actually wanted to say about another thing, not sure if I should post it here or on the bug section, but when you do a PS with REALLY strong characters, with REALLY strong attacks, well, even if you win the PS, defeat your opponent, you still get hit from the explosion that's done on him.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually wanted to say about another thing, not sure if I should post it here or on the bug section, but when you do a PS with REALLY strong characters, with REALLY strong attacks, well, even if you win the PS, defeat your opponent, you still get hit from the explosion that's done on him.
Bigger maps and smaller blast radius fix that problem unless you are PSing from 10 meters away ^^

Best answers
well sometimes even on bigger maps you dont have a chance^^ sometimes the beams start from even less then 10meter.
cant you guys add some kind of pushing with the beams first?

in dragonball they often got pushed by beams in mountains and under the water.the explosion only came when they hit the ground pushed by the beam

make it like this:

goku 10mil fires a kamehamehaa vs vegeta 5mil.sure he wins. vegeta looses and gets pushed away by the kamehamehaa untill the beam hits a wall or reaches a random distance.then the beam explodes.

now goku fires a kamehamehaa to vegeta, who fires nothing against it.vegeta also gets pushed away and hurt the whole time by the beam.

the pushing beam or attack should not instantly explode when the enemy is weaker!
when the enemy is strong(even or stronger) the attack should explode cause he cant stop it cause of his weakness.he trys to block it but if he doesnt have success with it the beam pushes him away.during that pushing he gets damage! depending on the strongness of the beam or attack.when the beam hits a wall or ground or reaches a definated destination it explodes.

when the player are even of the pl they block a bit and throw the beam away like now.if he doesnt block the attack it exlpodes on him.

a video sure says more:
[video=youtube;3DXcBFKtpVQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXcBFKtpVQ[/video]

at the end you can see how vegeta got pushed in the sky........and it doesnt seem to feel good:D
and btw you should give the guys more ki..........in the current version i cant fully charge a kamehamehaa in ssj goku without running out of ki.........really a shame......

so what do you think?^^ i think its really a must be!

for every char you would need now a new animation if you dont got one like that already......but it would be a cool feature!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah with the size of our maps waiting till you get pushed into a wall is defenitly a no go.

Again our smallest map is used for testing. And its round 4 to 5 times the size of esf_arrival in 1.2 So you can imagine how that would slow down gameplay.

Best answers
because of that i added the definated distance! so you get pushed for 2hours
make that destination like 30meter and you just push him for a few seconds..........and that wouldnt slow down gameplay.........sure without that distance you push him for 2hours and there is no stop.so you would have to add the destination

and hey;) when you get pushed by the beam you could add blur:p for the blur lover inteam^^

Last edited:
Best answers
because of that i added the definated distance! so you get pushed for 2hours
make that destination like 30meter and you just push him for a few seconds..........and that wouldnt slow down gameplay.........sure without that distance you push him for 2hours and there is no stop.so you would have to add the destination

and hey;) when you get pushed by the beam you could add blur:p for the blur lover inteam^^
Well it's a good idea but imo every small in game change requires a sweat. and that seems like some bunch of work compared to a simple dust ring from an explosion :-/
However i absolutely agree about the KI consumption, If i was the one changing it, I'd lower the energy consumption for attacks however lower the recharge rate as well as now its "attack recharge" every 2 secs, and the recharing really takes 2 seconds as well.

Best answers
charge one kamehameha as ssjgoku........you run out of ki right when you charged it.........they dont should have much more but cmon.........goku could make more then one kamehameha as ssj.attacks really should drain less ki or ssj should have more i dont know..

what about they add something like changeable commands.........
so you could change the ki of the player ingame.would be sure cool to have some times really long ssj fights with full powered attacks
so everyone could coustomize their game.........

EDIT:
ok i know that invites for cheating and stuff..........so what about you make three level?

like when you start server and set the settings

a new command:
ssjpower Normal,Hardcore,Broly

Normal: is like it is
Hardcore: you got even less ki as you got right now to fight
Broly: you got three times as much as right now.

so everyone could set the ssjpower the way they like and there is no way of cheating.Like when they would set it via a command to 50times as much ki as right now

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He could allso take a 3 episode beating and still win with 1 attack.

1 Kame is enough. Besides balancind is not donne yet in 1.3 well make sure you can safely use all attacks but youll still have to deal with higher KI consumption of SSJ states.

Best answers
true but what about the extra server setting? also a no go for you?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ballance is an iffy thing. Change just one thing even if its for everyone then you will end up unbalancing certain chars.

As an example. Descend chars get KI drain for their transformations where permatrans chars dont. As a result the permatrans chars have weaker transformations simply cause its easier to use them. If you give all the chars or just the descendable chars more KI youll break gamebalance and make the permatrans chars totally underclassed.

Best answers
charge one kamehameha as ssjgoku........you run out of ki right when you charged it.........they dont should have much more but cmon.........goku could make more then one kamehameha as ssj.attacks really should drain less ki or ssj should have more i dont know..

what about they add something like changeable commands.........
so you could change the ki of the player ingame.would be sure cool to have some times really long ssj fights with full powered attacks
so everyone could coustomize their game.........

EDIT:
ok i know that invites for cheating and stuff..........so what about you make three level?

like when you start server and set the settings

a new command:
ssjpower Normal,Hardcore,Broly

Normal: is like it is
Hardcore: you got even less ki as you got right now to fight
Broly: you got three times as much as right now.

so everyone could set the ssjpower the way they like and there is no way of cheating.Like when they would set it via a command to 50times as much ki as right now
I preffer the naiteki kensei way sv_katon_gouk_chakraconsumption etc

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You do know thats only temporary. Its only in cause they were still buissy with other stuff before release. Those debug commands will most likely not exist in future builds.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is not naruto this is dragonball z 2 Diffrent things

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He was suggesting balancing commands.

Like the ones in the Open Beta.